• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Well, after my first week back, I still have doms all over!!! :D

Back has a bit of pain in it, its weird...just have to keep an eye on it really.

But yes, after the plate pinches I've got some serious forearm doms! And some nice chest doms going on after weds

Last edited:
Soldato
Negative sir, there is an angle on the bar, besides I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. I am not at the point of needing a cage he so I will get my petitioning hat on :)

Keep at them, those smith machines with angles can be terrible on the body.

If you have friends in the gym get them to start asking about a proper rack as well.

Soldato
Well, after my first week back, I still have doms all over!!! :D

Back has a bit of pain in it, its weird...just have to keep an eye on it really.

But yes, after the plate pinches I've got some serious forearm doms! And some nice chest doms going on after weds

I've noticed my doms went away a tad too fast for my upper body :mad:
My ex was right, not heavy enough :p

Do be careful with the old back, avoid things like situps, declided benchpress, benchpress, all the deadlifts, any olympic lifts, squats and basically anything that's awesome :eek:

Caporegime
I've noticed my doms went away a tad too fast for my upper body :mad:
My ex was right, not heavy enough :p

Do be careful with the old back, avoid things like situps, declided benchpress, benchpress, all the deadlifts, any olympic lifts, squats and basically anything that's awesome :eek:

Sucks doesn't it? I did benchpress and incline DB press....

The backs weird, its almost at the point where your hips (????) Join the spine....its just an annoying pain really :(

Should've been a noob and not cared about form, I'd be fine then as that's what every other brocep monkey seems to do!!!

Soldato
Did some Shoulder and a little core work today:

DB Shoulder press: 2x10kgx8, 2x18kgx8, 2x18kgx8;
DB Shrugs: 2x18kgx8, 2x18kgx8, 2x18kgx8;
Side DB Raise: 2x5kgx8, 2x5kgx8, 2x5kgx8;
Front DB Raise: 2x5kgx8, 2x5kgx8, 2x5kgx8;
Smith Machine Shoulder Press: 30kgx8, 30kgx8;

Planks: 45s, 45s;
Situps with 6kg medicine ball: x12, x12, x12.

I haven't really had the energy today, don't know how I even went to the gym, I just felt tired throughout the whole workout. I must be coming down with something.

Kind regards,

David

Permabanned
Just a thought,

How many of you here eat the same diet week in week out, maybe even the same everyday and how many people mix it up but try to keep there macros the same?

Me personally have a varied diet but think I may go down the other route and keep everything consistent other than 2 days a week where I'll be changing maybe.

Oh and I don't know why but I was going to type mackerels instead of macros for some reason. :D:p

Associate
In general, I try to vary my diet whilst sticking to a protein intake target. For most of the time, carbs and fats may vary, but try to get the protein in and calories consistent.

If I'm trying to be strict with fatloss, I'll try to make sure I hit all macro targets consistently, but I'll still vary my food choices.

Man of Honour
Did some Shoulder and a little core work today:

DB Shoulder press: 2x10kgx8, 2x18kgx8, 2x18kgx8;
DB Shrugs: 2x18kgx8, 2x18kgx8, 2x18kgx8;
Side DB Raise: 2x5kgx8, 2x5kgx8, 2x5kgx8;
Front DB Raise: 2x5kgx8, 2x5kgx8, 2x5kgx8;
Smith Machine Shoulder Press: 30kgx8, 30kgx8;

Planks: 45s, 45s;
Situps with 6kg medicine ball: x12, x12, x12.

I haven't really had the energy today, don't know how I even went to the gym, I just felt tired throughout the whole workout. I must be coming down with something.

Kind regards,

David
Does "2x10kgx8" refer to you using "2" dumbbells? Confusing way of recording your session!

Also, that 10kg set of DB press looks like a warm up. It shouldn't count as one of your working sets.

....and why is smith press at the end?

Apart from that, it seems pretty good. Provided that you're doing rear delt work on your back day.

Had to abort 10x3x115kg benching today, couldn't find a spotter I could trust. I did one set which was feeling pretty good, but my spotter yanked the bar up for the last 3rd of the lift, pulling my shoulder forwards and giving me a little twinge :rolleyes: I was a little pressed for time so couldn't wait around for someone different.

It's probably fine, I'll no doubt be able to finish off this cycle tomorrow. It's just that with so much volume going on I didn't want to risk injury.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Just a thought,

How many of you here eat the same diet week in week out, maybe even the same everyday and how many people mix it up but try to keep there macros the same?

Me personally have a varied diet but think I may go down the other route and keep everything consistent other than 2 days a week where I'll be changing maybe.

Oh and I don't know why but I was going to type mackerels instead of macros for some reason. :D:p

Monday - Friday I eat the same stuff except for dinner which is whatever. On weekends I make sure I eat enough and enjoy myself. Doing things this way keeps the diet pretty good during the week when I train but also not so strict that I can't enjoy eating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom