• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
Monday - Friday I eat the same stuff except for dinner which is whatever. On weekends I make sure I eat enough and enjoy myself. Doing things this way keeps the diet pretty good during the week when I train but also not so strict that I can't enjoy eating.

Think this is what I'm going to do as well. Will make shopping a lot easier, don't have to think too much about what to eat and 2 days of eating whatever will help make it easier the other 5 days.

I get Wednesday and Sunday off at work too so should break up the fixed eating quite well.

Soldato
Does "2x10kgx8" refer to you using "2" dumbbells? Confusing way of recording your session!

Also, that 10kg set of DB press looks like a warm up. It shouldn't count as one of your working sets.

....and why is smith press at the end?

Apart from that, it seems pretty good. Provided that you're doing rear delt work on your back day.

Sorry for the confusion there!

Yeah, the 10kg set was a warm up, I should have done an extra set really at the working weight.

Smith Press, I added because I did these behind the neck, as I thought this would be good for rear delts. I only did DLs, Chinups, Oly BORs, Seated Rows and preacher curls on my previous back/bicep day.

I used to be an awful spotter, when I was first starting out, but I'm a lot better now. It's annoying when you have to abort an exercise.

Kind regards,

David

Associate
I'm really struggling to think of good evening meals, my usuals are

Chicken Fajita wraps with lettuce, tomatoes, onions peppers
Rice + Mince with 7 veg
Salmon, potatoes peas and sweetcorn
Some kind of chicken curry with rice
Standard Sunday Roast

Just looking for some more inspiration into decent meals that i can add to the rota, anything is appreciated :D

And how many meals do you use yourself?

Caporegime
Doc kept saying it was nothing really for 4 months, went to another doc and got an MRI the next day. Then Surgery a week later.

Some doctors are just quacks that don't know anything.

OH I know that, especially at my surgery :p Hence why I went to the physio as well.

Problem, getting an MRI from my lot is like getting blood from a stone

Soldato
OH I know that, especially at my surgery :p Hence why I went to the physio as well.

Problem, getting an MRI from my lot is like getting blood from a stone

Which is why I went to a different doctor, they saw I had a problem from just walking in.

I kept asking my original doctor over and over to refer me for an MRI, he kept insisting it wouldnt say anything and would be pointless.

Caporegime
Which is why I went to a different doctor, they saw I had a problem from just walking in.

I kept asking my original doctor over and over to refer me for an MRI, he kept insisting it wouldnt say anything and would be pointless.

Aye :(

Wouldn't know how it works over here, I presume I'd either have to pay or change practices...

There are numerous doctors at the surgery, but they're all odd :p

Associate
Alright guys can you give me your opinion on what my diet is like please. Please note this is my current diet so I haven’t tried to improve anything yet!

Monday to Friday

Breakfast
2/3 pint orange juice
Quaker oats (the convenient one in a sachet; golden syrup flavour as well :o) made with semi skimmed milk

Lunch
Tin of tuna on four slices of wholemeal bread with a little bit of butter and salad cream
Kiwi fruit

(usually have half a sandwich about 11:00, one sandwich at 1:00 and the other half at 3:30; does this actually help my metabolism or does it make no difference?)

Dinner
Varies each night but (nearly!) always includes at least 3 veg with something from the following list:

Spag bog
Chilli con carne
Lasagne
Bacon, scrambled eggs, baked beans, chips/potato rosti
Sausages and chips/potato rosti
Black pudding with something, probably chips/potato rosti
Chicken with curry sauce and rice
Meatloaf with mash potato

Pretty sure I eat too many chips looking at that!

Weekend

Complete mix tbh but I never have fast food and takeaway is a rarity. Breakfast is often scrambled eggs on toast, lunch might be soup with toast, or tuna and salad, scotch egg etc. Dinner might be something from the above list or something like steak, chips and veg. Probably one roast a week as well. I don’t drink much alcohol in the week but usually have one night out at the weekend. Drink plenty of water and don’t drink much tea/coffee.

Let me have it! :(

Caporegime
Questions:

1.) What are your goals?
2.) Do you know the macro break down of the above?

Firstly, if you are wanting to put on weight / mass in a good way, you are not eating enough unless your maintenance is like 500kcal :p ;)

Associate
1). Get bigger whilst maintaining my current levels of CV fitness. I know that the two don't always go together so I've been reading up about HIIT etc., but I'm probably doing a 10k run in May so have got to keep doing some distance running for that.

2). No I don't. I'm guessing moderate protein, too much fat, not enough carbs but I might be completely wrong! :p

I did post a couple of times before, but don't know how to link to it. Post number 6509, 6521 and 6536.

I'm currently weighing in at 67kg at 5' 8".

My upper body is very weak and my lower body relatively strong from years of rowing. My current lifts (all 4 sets of 5 reps, done as part of a full body workout) are:

Bench press 60kg
Bench pull 60kg
Back squats 85kg
Deadlifts 140kg

You're probably right that I need to eat more but am paranoid about putting on fat! I was carrying a bit of timber in my late teens which I banished and it is NEVER coming back!!!

Caporegime
^ WOW, I bet he has no clue he is killing himself either! I see loads of people on there toes or lifting there legs up. I don't understand it, you get more power with your feet planted into the ground!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom