• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
SWEET chest session tonight, the energy came out of nowhere, no idea where from considering i'm roughly 7lb lighter than a month ago :D

BB Bench - 60kgx15 | 100kgx8 | 115kgx8 | 130kgx6 | 150kgx1 | 155kgx1 (unspotted) NEW PB! - I reckon a proper 1RM session will see 160kg.
Incline DB - 40kg DB's x8 | 44kg DB's x 8 | 48kg DB's x8
Wide gripped dips - 3x20xBW
Cable flys - 3x8x21.5kg each side upto 26.25kg each side
Tri Work - Push downs | SC's w/ CGBP | Cable kicks

Felt great!! Haven't drunk in a few weekends, and feeling a lot better for it!

So it was you who left the dumbells all over the floor last night then? :p
Beastly lifting fella, how long till your holiday?

Caporegime
Tweaked my back doing - wait for it - LEG PRESS last night o.O Trying to bring my knees in to my chest, pushing my knees out and WHOOSH, ass slips down the seat an inch or two,so took the load on my lower lumber. Sharp pain all night, and mixed with the onset of man flu, I was in bed at 9pm last night.

Feeling much better today thankfully, so onwards for cardio and abs tonight. Man flu is still a female dog though.

Dang. Hope it's all good mate

Soldato
I'm currently on holiday (well, seeing the family in England), not trained and have eaten total junk for almost a week. Feels great :D but at the same time feels awful!
Can't wait to get back into the swing of things when I get home! Beast mode is already activated, I just need to find some gym to destroy!!

Soldato
So it was you who left the dumbells all over the floor last night then? :p
Beastly lifting fella, how long till your holiday?

Haha na wasn't me mate, I always put them back!

And cheers! Would love to hit a 160kg BP and a 220 DL before travelling (flying out second weekend in July :D)

Soldato
I totally prefer Leg Press to back squats tbh (HEATHEN, I hear them cry) - first time I've been caught out by the seat. In hindsight, makes you wonder why they don't make the seats a non-slip material.

Soldato
Not recovering anywhere near fast enough from squats but it was a good session so well worth it ^^

Bench
5x 60
5x 72.5
11x 85

BBB
5x
10x 60

Single arm press
10x 22
10x 26
10x 30

Pushups x many sets+reps whilst my gym buddy did tri pulldowns.
1 arm pushups x -3 (nothing left in the arms at this point but thought I'd try them for a laugh)

We bit better this week and sore today, bench is definately not where I want it but solid work will correct that.

Now if I can just stop my legs aching before deads tomorrow I'll be great :D

Soldato
Get a video next time! I'd love to see your technique.

Ofcourse! It was spur of the moment this time round, next proper 1RM will make sure of it.

Loosely speaking, a slight arch, enough to stick a flat hand through just about and when bringing the weight down, brought down to chest level (1/2" off) then pressing it back up as explosive as possible.

My form isn't perfect, I'll never claim it to be :p

Caporegime
Ofcourse! It was spur of the moment this time round, next proper 1RM will make sure of it.

Loosely speaking, a slight arch, enough to stick a flat hand through just about and when bringing the weight down, brought down to chest level (1/2" off) then pressing it back up as explosive as possible.

Do you put weight on to your traps at all?

Associate

Why not down to your chest? What's the harm in the extra half inch? :D

Soldato
Why not down to your chest? What's the harm in the extra half inch? :D

I don't want to bounce, if I fail the rep I wanna fail the rep knowing that I can't do the weight rather than bounce it and 'cheat' the rep up, this 1/2" is done purposely

There is about a 1 - 1.5 second pause too before pressing back up

Soldato
I totally prefer Leg Press to back squats tbh (HEATHEN, I hear them cry) - first time I've been caught out by the seat. In hindsight, makes you wonder why they don't make the seats a non-slip material.

If it's too non slip you might end up tearing your pants haha.

Speaking of leg press it's my legs day today.

Going to try some glute ham raises as well if I can jimmy rig something.

Hope you back is alright mate, it's the little accidents that can use big problems.

Associate
I don't want to bounce, if I fail the rep I wanna fail the rep knowing that I can't do the weight rather than bounce it and 'cheat' the rep up, this 1/2" is done purposely

There is about a 1 - 1.5 second pause too before pressing back up

Fair enough I'll let you off :p. That's pretty silly amounts of weight, nice work.

Soldato
Sounds good, it's just helpful to see as we are of similar strength/weight. My 155 looked silky smooth but my 160 after that was weaksauce!

Is it best to build up the weight through the sets then?

I'm going to deadlift 65kg today, did 60kg last week.

Do I just start at 65kg and try and do 3x8 or do I do one set of 60 first?

I'm guessing I should start off at 65kg and if I find form faltering then I should lower it to 60? Doubt I will need to though. :cool:

Basically when trying a weight for the first time should one just go straight into it after warm up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom