• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I'm not sure on quantities, I will have to keep track tomorrow. I generally try not to have an empty glass on the table but I do drink it pretty slowly.

I shall keep count tomorrow. No changes to diet, if anything I have tried to eat more carbs and I am on using creatine too.

Soldato
DJ is quite right, once you start to cut carbs you pee a lot.

I drink a fair bit as well, although I'm not much of a sweater. That usually only happens during heavy cardio, not so much with other training.

I get the odd clammy forhead and odd drop down the face but that's the extent of it.
I've never had a sweat soaked shirt before.

Once I get back from training though, I'm like a horse haha. As I usualy have 1.5litres during training.

I also drink water before bed so that I have an incentive to get up early haha, once that alarm hits and I open my eyes I need to get to the bathroom.

Soldato
Shoes for Operation: Get Ripped or Die Mirin' arrived:

564369_10151008606283642_503408641_13292553_2056704779_n.jpg

Hatersgonnahate.gif

I know FF has the LS versions (Komodo Sport), should be great for dem barbellz. Had to go from measurements / suggested sizing but they seem to fit pretty snug without being tight. I also am a closet attention whore and want people to stare and pull faces.

Soldato
Haha, those are awesome somnam, they're basically gloves on your feet :D

I always use dumbells for fly, I found that using the cables put unnecessary strain on the rotator cuff region in my arms and they used to hurt quite a bit. Plus, I think it's easier to get the right form with dumbells. I tend to use 14kg dumbells for fly, anymore than that and they feel like they are going to pull my arms off at the bottom of each rep!

Soldato
Ever since I read about barefoot running and went into the garden, as a child does, and run around without shoes on, as well as jumped up and down on the spot (hint: you don't land on your heels!) I've never been able to look at footwear in general the same way - it's crazy how much it changes your biomechanics. I still have to wear shoes for work and casual footwear etc, but I do try and look for things without massively built up heels and if you think about it, it's kind of sad we basically bind our feet from a young age so our toes are unnaturally squished together - women are the worst for this with their ridiculous form over function footwear. I don't run much these days, but squishy heel trainers are a no-no for deadlifts and squats, so it was an easy choice to get some Fivefingers. I might get a more casual looking pair for summer as well, although I'm not too keen on the Classic model's look/fit.

Associate
Need advice on changing out straight arm chest pullover in this workout!

02/05/10 - 45 minute session
Rowing for 5 minutes
Incline bench 8x4 35kg
Bench 8x4 35kg
Incline flys 8x4 10kg
Decline bench 8x4 40kg
Straight arm chest pullover 8x4 10kg
Torso extension 8x4 60kg
Decline bench 8x4 40kg (Last set assisted) – left tricept too weak

I really dont like Straight Arm Chest Pullovers as the benches are generally full and I dont like the exercise, it feels very weird due to not being flexible enough and during the motion it just seems very awkward putting strain on my shoulders.

There are plenty of cable machines so what can your recommend as an alternative?

I am doing back tomorrow and previously did the following but no-one reccomended any changes or advice on how/if to improve

3 back
45 minute session:
5 min row
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...xCiw_R6g#t=26s
The video above shows the bar in my gym, I used the wide grip
4 pullups then 3 then 3 again Needless to say I felt embaressed ha as I was shaking after my first set of doing 4 on the final 1 so I didnt attempt chin ups like in the vid
MTS ROW 25kg 8x1 they were really hard so I went down to 20kg 8x3
Lat Pull Down 13kg 8x1 then 18kg 8x3
Torso extension 45kg 8x1 then 55kg 8x3
Shrugs 18kg 15x
Row rear deltoid 25kg 8x1 felt easy so 35kg 8x3 but last 2 reps were half ones as my arms didnt go all the way back
Bicep curl 8kg 6 on each arm straight into cable curl on 8kg doing 5 reps half way then 5 more reps full - I was dead so dropped the cable pull to 6kg so it went looked like the following:
16x4 bicep workout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom