• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
No, back was taking the load on the final set (should have stopped really) :\ Partly due to technique and also fatigue. I shall switch to lower reps and strengthen the core.

Means I'll have to miss today's session but I'll make up for it over the weekend. Can't imagine BOR and squats being fun like this :p

Caporegime
Keep them shoulders back yo! The entirety of the weight should be suspended under your shoulder blades throughout the lift. This means your traps must take *all* of the strain. If your traps fail, the lift has failed. If your shoulders come forward at all, abort the lift.

That's the easiest way to keep back straight (keeping shoulders back). It also helps if you set up by shouting "BOOM!" from the pit of your stomach and locking your core as you do so. I'm absolutely not kidding.

Soldato
Deadlifts today and I'm still hammered from squats so I'm calling time out on any dietry constraints and pigging out today in a joint effort with 10+ hours of sleep to give my recovery a kickstart.

Rollon deads :D you won't be pretty but you'll be mine ;)

Soldato
Oh dear scientific entitity!

I've terrible terrible glute and hamstring doms!

I thought that glute ham machine was easy...argh!
This is is like hip abductions and adducttions all over again. Feels easy to do then the next day :(

Last edited:
Caporegime
Great been back in the country two weeks and I have a cold! :(

Got some great doms in the legs, so going to sweat it out with some deads. **** you body have some! :)

Soldato
Just back from the gym and the place has been blocked off till 12pm for some reason. As I was waiting at 12 realised it was for a bunch of russian guys to train (had russian canterbury tops so I assumed russian rugby players?) and mother of god some of them were huuuuuuge (lookin juicy bro).

Man of Honour
I presume that means when you flatten the lower back so to speak?
Yes, sort of. It's explained in the article I posted.
Urgh, feels like I've been run over! Lower back is in pain from those poor deadlifts :o
Damnit!

At least now you'll be more careful. It's probably just DOMS this time, so try some soft tissue work (a hot water bottle won't help ;)).

Repeat after me:
I MUST NOT FLEX OR EXTEND MY LUMBAR SPINE UNDER LOAD
Circuits tonight, time to get owned by a bunch of kids :(.
Haha you gon' die

Associate
Just back from the gym and the place has been blocked off till 12pm for some reason. As I was waiting at 12 realised it was for a bunch of russian guys to train (had russian canterbury tops so I assumed russian rugby players?) and mother of god some of them were huuuuuuge (lookin juicy bro).

We had the All Blacks train in our uni gym a couple of years ago. Pretty big guys. They weren't there for long, most just did some cardio as the gym was very busy. No big lifts at all. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom