• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Yes, sort of. It's explained in the article I posted.

Damnit!

At least now you'll be more careful. It's probably just DOMS this time, so try some soft tissue work (a hot water bottle won't help ;)).

Repeat after me:
I MUST NOT FLEX OR EXTEND MY LUMBAR SPINE UNDER LOAD

Yes, sir :( I will write lines on an A4 piece of paper -

I must not flex or extend my lumbar spine under load

I wasn't aware that I could do tissue work - especially after the telling off last time I mentioned lower back! :o I was trying to be careful when deadlifitng, I'm extremely paranoid about the back which is why I was lifting 30kg for so long, trying to perfect form. What I (somewhat naively) didn't consider is that form will ultimately only really be tested when the going gets tough.

The ****ed up thing that I thought it felt wrong yesterday but carried on as I didn't think it was overly wrong.

/hangs head in shame

Last edited:
Soldato
Deads - not my 531 numbers but I'm hammered and not recovered so I didn't fancy the volume of it all.
5x 60
5x 100
3x 140
1x 160 -Though of stopping here but I'm angry at myself for lack of recovery so continued...
1x 170
1x 180
1x 190
1x 200
1x 205 - Happy with this as it moved fast and with nice form according to some random guy who squats trucks from what I can see. (220kg for reps....)

Did a selection of power cleans, weighted chins/pullups and some cable row. Rowing machine and stretching for 5mins each to call it a day and unwind a little.

Saw the time and was pleased in and out in 45mins.
Time for some well earned food.

Just to add, the cleans were done at 80kg and they flew up.....haven't done much oly work of late but been sprinting and jumping so could be the athletic side of things paying off :)

Man of Honour
I think he's done 480kg in a suit, so only 30kg out of single ply :confused:

For me that is no more or less impressive because it's equipped, the numbers are crazy regardless. Multiply squatters with a 6" ROM on the other hand...

Soldato
which version are they? Quite smart that.

Komodosport. I thought about the Komodosport LS (laced model) but I don't have a high instep or really wide feet so I stuck with the standard version, although the black/green and new black/dark blue ones were really nice aesthetically. They're better as an all-rounder than the Bikilas which are more running-centric and I find they're a nicer fit than the KSOs, which are an older model and don't have as nice an interior or the same protection on the toes (to stop them snagging/ripping on something). They do feel weird the first time you wear them as they fit like gloves rather than shoes w/a gap in front of the toe, but you adapt. I couldn't find a 'barefoot' trainer that I liked over the Vibrams and they'll serve well for the short jog to the gym and the lifting that will follow!

Soldato
Gym earlier:

Bench 5 * 22.5s 5 * 22.5s 5 * 45 5 * 47.5 4 * 47.5
DLs 5 * 90 5 * 90 5 * 80 5 * 80 5 * 80
Incline Bench 5 * 17.5 4 * 20 5 * 17.5 5 * 17.5 5 * 17.5
Shrugs 8 * 20s 8 * 25s 8 * 25s 15 * 15s

I video-ed my deadlifts which lead me to turn the weight down (I was planning on doing 90kg *5 then 4 sets of 100kg) because I need to work on my form.

My lower back is fairly solid, but my upper/upper-mid back keeps rounding. This is a reflection of my general posture in general I think. Can anyone suggest exercises to combat this? Or shall I just continue to try and work on my deadlift form?

Soldato
Well I have managed to hurt my back tonight doing squats. I did something a few weeks ago doing DL's but managed to push through it.

Doing squats tonight I felt a slight tweek at the base of my back (pelvis area). Finished the set and did the same weight again, obviously at this point my form was shot as I was worrying about my back. Well..silly me that did the damage and pretty painful when sitting, walking and rotating pelvis. It feels more a rotation thing and I guess time needed to heal. This has not been aided by my poor seating position when sometimes at home (I work from home)

Disappointing, squats have been strong recently (140) but this just ruined the whole day, even sitting exercises due to the pain, which made me head home early. Ah well, lessons learnt, let my back fully recover now before DL's and Squats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom