• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
What the hell is going on?!

So many people hurting their backs lately. :(

Sorry to hear it tlrBeta. You best take it easy and not do anything for a week or 2 to see if it settles.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Damn Beta, that sucks!
When you're feeling better and get back in the gym please get a video of your deadlift and squat. I imagine both need some tweaks to make sure your lower back is OK.

Associate
Haha you gon' die

I did die, a lot :(. I don't think I've ever sweat so much. After a lot of deliberation I have come to the conclusion that I need to do more cardio/various fitness training because it is very depressing to struggle so much :(. It's easy enough though I'll just add some rowing in on Saturdays I think or a bit on some of my off days.

Oh and since we are looking at hoooge squats:

Hang on that one is less good because of the reverse bands, this one is better:

Small ROM aside 571.5kg is a silly amount of weight.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well I have managed to hurt my back tonight doing squats. I did something a few weeks ago doing DL's but managed to push through it..... Ah well, lessons learnt, let my back fully recover now before DL's and Squats.

Bad times :( Be sure to let it heal! I had today off for the same reason except on deads.

What the hell is going on?!

So many people hurting their backs lately. :(

Must be contagious! :(

I did die, a lot :(. I don't think I've ever sweat so much. After a lot of deliberation I have come to the conclusion that I need to do more cardio/various fitness training because it is very depressing to struggle so much :(

What sort of stuff were you doing? My fitness level is pretty much non-existent, something which will be sorted by the summer hopefully!

Associate
When I'm water loading for comps I have at least 8 litres a day and that was the healthiest I've ever been :).

It was circuits so there was a huge variety of stuff.

Soldato
Time to start cutting in a few weeks, is it as simple as reducing calories and adding some cardio to training? How long do you guys stay on cutting routines, or is it purely down to how much you need/want to lose?

Man of Honour
Do it until you feel you're happy with how you look. I'd say 8-12 weeks is a decent cut though, unless you're really out of shape, then just do it until you're down to your target weight

Soldato
No I'm definately not out of shape, could probably carry on for a while yet but that just leaves more to do when I eventually switch over. The ever popular fat dude with muscles look is not something I'm aiming for :p.

What about rate of loss, gonna guess at 2lb per week max if not less?

Soldato
Yeah I figured, 2lb per week is what's recommended even for people who aren't weight training.

It's going to be annoying knowing I'll not be building for 2 or 3 months, but I've done 6 months solid at this point so can't grumble too much.

Soldato
Thanks all, I will let it rest for a week or so. Probably needed a week off to be fair, been quite an intense few months.

Might be tempted to squeeze something unrelated to back in though ;)

Soldato
I had a very gruelling Leg session today:

Oly Squats: 80kgx5, 80kgx5, 85kgx5, 95kgx5, 110kgx5;
OLY SLDL: 110kgx5, 110kgx5 mixed grip, 95kgx5 mixed grip, 95kgx5 mixed grip, 95kgx5 mixed grip;
Oly Calf Raises: 95kgx5, 95kgx5 mixed grip, 95kgx5 mixed grip, 95kgx5 mixed grip, 95kgx5 mixed grip;
Leg Press Calf Extensions: 145kgx5, 152.5x5, 152.5x5, 152.5x5, 152.5x5;
DB Step up lunges - 2x24kg, 5 sets of 5 per leg;
DB Goblet Squats: 46kgx5, 46kgx5, 46kgx5, 46kgx5, 46kgx5;

I had so many problems with grip today. I don't know why, but it really put a downer on my mood and meant all my weights have dropped since last week.

I don't think I went low enough @ 110kg or @ 95kg on the squat though, it got really scary for me at that kind of weight, so I'm a little disappointed I didn't have the balls to go lower this week. I know the bars are meant to catch you on the squat rack, I guess I just have to put more trust in my legs!

Kind regards,

David

Last edited:
Caporegime
Had a good week for my big 4 lifts.

Not going to delve into sets and reps, but the gamer in me got the 1.2xBW DL and 0.55BW OHP unlocks in Fitocracy. So I'm happy! For reference my BW is 77KG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom