• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
So annoying when someone is doing some kind of SL 5x5 on the ONLY rack we have.

5x5 Squat
5x5 BOW
5x5 Bench
5x5 OHP
Then use the bar on said rack to do 5x5 DL

Morba - I went with a friend at about 6 last night, the weights were in a DISGUSTING state, literally just all over the floor, about 1/5 of what is available actually on the rack, couldn't beleive it. F'd and blinded a few times in protest, but out of principle made sure me and my mate put all of ours away, so frustrating!

Soldato
Time to start cutting in a few weeks, is it as simple as reducing calories and adding some cardio to training? How long do you guys stay on cutting routines, or is it purely down to how much you need/want to lose?

I have jumped on the cut wagon to wedgie, how much are you looking to lose and what kind of routine are you doing while your at it?

I have dropped my cals from 2700 non and 2950 training to 2100 non and 2350 training.

Switched to a str routine and do HiiT twice a week.

Caporegime
You sound like girlfriend and her constant moaning this week about her nannying work. Get over it, moaning won't solve anything! (if I said this to my gf, she'd have my balls for dog feed!)

Nobody is forcing you to read my posts. Put me on ignore if I'm annoying you that much.

I find it a bit ironic that you're moaning about my moaning yet your last post is this:

So annoying when someone is doing some kind of SL 5x5 on the ONLY rack we have.

5x5 Squat
5x5 BOW
5x5 Bench
5x5 OHP
Then use the bar on said rack to do 5x5 DL

Morba - I went with a friend at about 6 last night, the weights were in a DISGUSTING state, literally just all over the floor, about 1/5 of what is available actually on the rack, couldn't beleive it. F'd and blinded a few times in protest, but out of principle made sure me and my mate put all of ours away, so frustrating!

:rolleyes:

Caporegime
OMG Brynn?!!!

Old friend? :p

You sound like girlfriend and her constant moaning this week about her nannying work. Get over it, moaning won't solve anything! (if I said this to my gf, she'd have my balls for dog feed!)

Easier said than done sometimes ;) I've started training again, and I can say my back isn't feeling much better, if anything I can now pin-point where the issue is.

You've started calling Delvis your girlfriend now? Awkward.................

<3

I'm up for hire on Wednesdays if you're up for it?

Soldato
Nobody is forcing you to read my posts. Put me on ignore if I'm annoying you that much.

I find it a bit ironic that you're moaning about my moaning yet your last post is this:

Don't get defensive man, Tommy's an ace character. Sometimes you need someone to turn around and tell you that moaning's not a proactive solution or going to solve anything :)

Soldato
Sigma, I think tommyv's point might be that you might just be sore due to some bad form on your last set and the fact that you have DLed a heavy weight and your back is just tight/pumped because of it. If everyone on the boards fired off a post about a pumped back, stiffness, soreness etc I don't think we would talk about much else :(

Stick with the work your doing, your body will get used to the work your doing.

Soldato
You've started calling Delvis your girlfriend now? Awkward.................

Actually lol'd, and it doesn't happen often!!!

You sound like a right woman now! Take everything I say with a pinch of salt, I don't mean to offend anyone!

Sigma, I think tommyv's point might be that you might just be sore due to some bad form on your last set and the fact that you have DLed a heavy weight and your back is just tight/pumped because of it. If everyone on the boards fired off a post about a pumped back, stiffness, soreness etc I don't think we would talk about much else :(

I'm going to go with this! :p

Caporegime

Bearing in mind, Sigma is still 'new' so to speak, by that I mean, the 65KG was probably one of his first attempts at that weight, meaning he isn't going to be used to his body and how it reacts to certain weights / pressures :)

As times goes on, you'll know what is good soreness and bad soreness.

Soldato
I should have recorded some chaps' deadlifting yesterday it would make everyone here feel better and Sigma would feel Alpha after seeing them.

Picture, legs completely straight, then bending over with a severly curved back to pick up the back, then bending their back backwards until straight, followed with some hyperextension backwards.

Repeat for effect.
I wonder how long they'll last.

Caporegime
I should have recorded some chaps' deadlifting yesterday it would make everyone here feel better and Sigma would feel Alpha after seeing them.

Picture, legs completely straight, then bending over with a severly curved back to pick up the back, then bending their back backwards until straight, followed with some hyperextension backwards.

Repeat for effect.
I wonder how long they'll last.

Probably forever

EDIT:

My morning snack

6lL8B.jpg

Soldato
Thats looks awesome Delvis! Better than my shoddy breakfast of a protein shake, 2x pieces of fruit and a coffee!

A little dry though, got a little bita mayo or something in there, so to speak?

Am down to 200.2lb from a top weight of 207lb now so touching 1/2stone lighter, strength is still up there and am happy (after discussion with Morba yday, we reckon I can get a 220kg DL pull before travelling :p). Am almost doing an unintentional cut, having recently cut out a lot of the **** eaten, less calories as I've stopped buying Brazil nuts (32kcal per nut, was eating 15 a day). Might just stick with it and am hoping for a steady loss of 1.5lb a week absolute max.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have jumped on the cut wagon to wedgie, how much are you looking to lose and what kind of routine are you doing while your at it?

I have dropped my cals from 2700 non and 2950 training to 2100 non and 2350 training.

Switched to a str routine and do HiiT twice a week.
This will be the first time I've lost weight like this, so I don't actually know how much needs to go. As of this morning I'm 84kg, still (just about) in the same size 32 jeans I was when I started 6 months ago. I could get away with not bothering for a while yet, but my thinking is if I don't start it in the next few weeks it will just give me an even bigger job to do when I do get round to it.

Will probably try to come in at around 2100 cal the first week then adjust from there. As for training, hadn't intended to change anything beyond adding some cardio, so that will be the usual mon/tue/thurs/fri with some cardio thrown in on at least a couple of those days. Unless there's a benefit to changing or a reason why keeping my current routine on a cut is pointless?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom