*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Nope, I think you're body just wasn't designed to be a weight lifting machine.

Or your just a smidgen too cautious. I'm not advocating training through injury but you've got to man up a bit once in a while.

............he says whilst taking a week off due to something funky going on the rhomboid area.

Caporegime
Or your just a smidgen too cautious. I'm not advocating training through injury but you've got to man up a bit once in a while.

............he says whilst taking a week off due to something funky going on the rhomboid area.

Hardly, my backs screwed because I pushed through some 'pain' (hell, it was just pump, not even pain)

My shoulder is just knackered, when I say shoulder, it could just be part of my bicep, my pec being too tight, or my front delt...or something else entirely. :p

You can't really judge someones training and tell them to man up when you've not seen them training or know what has actually gone wrong in the past.

have you still not had your shoulder problem diagnosed yet?
mine is finally on the mend... back to shoulder pressing after about 9 months!

Diagnosed? It happend in 2010 dude! Saw a physio, he gave me a few things to do, it got a bit better, been on and off since.

Good to hear yours is going well :)

Caporegime
How could your back be screwed from pushing through a pump? That makes no sense!

You tell me mate.

I stopped mid work out, every since then it's been screwy. Anyway, I'm doing what I can

EDIT: What I experienced was pump, could have been something worse, could have been a muscle sprain, who knows

Last edited:
Associate
Diagnosed? It happend in 2010 dude! Saw a physio, he gave me a few things to do, it got a bit better, been on and off since.

oh, I see. It was just the way you said it could be your delt or your bicep tendon, made me think nobody had said exactly what it is. Surely an accurate diagnosis would help to inform what remedial work you should be doing.

I'm not saying you have a bicep tendon issue, nor would i tell you what to do if you had but... I had bicep tendonitis and cross friction massage helped. ;)

Caporegime
oh, I see. It was just the way you said it could be your delt or your bicep tendon, made me think nobody had said exactly what it is. Surely an accurate diagnosis would help to inform what remedial work you should be doing.

I'm not saying you have a bicep tendon issue, nor would i tell you what to do if you had but... I had bicep tendonitis and cross friction massage helped. ;)

As I said, been to a physio a while back :) They said it was nothing serious and I probably just sprained it. (NHS physio)

I can feel where it is tender today, so I'll give that a whirl with a lacrosse ball and see what happens. Following on from that, I may need to take a back seat on chest pressing for a bit till I can remedy the issue a bit more.

Caporegime
When I hurt my wrist I didn't even know until the day after.

Indeed, twas my point :)

No actualy pain until the day after, when I couldn't get out of bed properly nor move around properly.

So, fix your back, hurt your shoulder.. Would hate to see what happens when the shoulder is ok :p

No no, I hurt my shoulder in 2010, then my back in 2012 ;)

Associate
I can feel where it is tender today, so I'll give that a whirl with a lacrosse ball and see what happens. Following on from that, I may need to take a back seat on chest pressing for a bit till I can remedy the issue a bit more.

I obviously can't offer any advice on your situation but I'll outline what I've been doing on my road to recovery and you can take from it what you want. You may be doing a lot of it already.

- Quit barbell benching (I actually quit all forms of benching for a bit)
- Quit barbell pressing; I quit DB pressing until better but still don't BB press.
- Switch to neutral grip pull ups/pull downs
- Stretch pec minor
- Stretch subscapularis
- Stretch lats
- hockey ball roll rhomboids, traps, lats and everything else around my scapular
- cross friction massage on bicep tendon and apply anti-inflammatory gel
- band pull aparts
- band dislocations
- facepulls
- rear delt flyes
- prone ys

I think that covers pretty much everything I did/do. As I say, thats what I did and not what i'm saying you should necessarily do.

PS. I'm your classic desk jockey with poor posture, but it is improving.

Soldato
Ok so I will switch from the incline bb press to using the dumbells.

It was just that the incline bench was free, so I thought "sod messing around with this chair thing, when I can just use a bench at the rtight height which is ready to go"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom