*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
Couldn't see his grip, assumed that people didn't use such a risky grip with serious weights.. such a waste :(

Im mildly amazed you could die tbh spose it makes sense considering bar thickness vs weight and momentum. False grip is great for me on incline but not flat, with that weight it really is suicide! Hope he left a note!

Soldato
Ok, im a happy chappy. Finished my 1rm week with a pleasing 80kg on OHP :), which is nice considering how long I was stuck on 67.5kg.
Very impressive work, that's a solid boost!

Their Thermo G Extreme and Evolution S.F. Extreme still lists
1,3-dimethylamylamine as an ingredient.
I think Kai mentioned something about this when he posted up the labels before.

Soldato
My diet isn't that bad btw and I eat quite a lot I would say
No idea what my exact calorie intake is but I work as a postman so I walk quite a distance every day probably 4-5 mile I think. Then I go down the gym afterwards. Once a week I do kickboxing/muay thai and on some Saturdays I will do a 5km run but maybe not do much cardio in the week other than my work.

I will pick a typical day for example what I would eat
Breakfast - porridge, scoop of whey, 2 small scoops of flax seed and I put some mixed fruit and apple sauce in.
mid morning around 9:30 - usually a sandwich which has chicken/turkey, slices of cheese, mustard and some mixed nuts/fruit
around 12:30/1 - Banana and more mixed nuts/fruit
Train around 2ish
home and I will have scrambled eggs on toast, glass of milk maybe some seeds
Tea will be some sort of meat and some veg with potato, rice
before bed I am addicted to cottage cheese and pineapple so usually half a pot of that if not 1 smaller pot of cotttage cheese with pear/apple.

I will eat some soreen whilst I am at work as well to keep the energy up, got some PWO shake now (recovery XS) to take when I leave the gym.

Caporegime
Im mildly amazed you could die tbh spose it makes sense considering bar thickness vs weight and momentum. False grip is great for me on incline but not flat, with that weight it really is suicide! Hope he left a note!

I'm presuming it was a mixture of rib cages cracking, lungs being punctured or something like that...not read up on the story

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Did some sprinting tonight on the treadmill, pretty good. I'd prefer to do some hill sprints at home though. I'm tempted to finish the gym, and drive home to the running spot. Doing it that way though would mean doing my mobility before running... not sure if that's a good idea.

Permabanned
I'm presuming it was a mixture of rib cages cracking, lungs being punctured or something like that...not read up on the story

yeah i think he was pretty unlucky ive seen many people survive far worse car crashes etc but i spose if some bone was to snag an aorta or something you wouldnt know much about it for a few mins maybe 4 or 5 then you would go into cardiac arrest with no hope of resuscitation, horrific.

Man of Honour
Loving your recent programmes FF! Have you ever tried offset KB loaded walks? So one side has a lighter KB held at the shoulder, and the other side has a heavier KB held at the hip. Bracing for the entire distance = core destruction.

Yeah - I had a feeling you'd be a fan of my programmes! :D

Not tried that, but I like the sound of that - may well add that to my next cycle! :cool:

Associate
Tonight was my last night at the Horncastle Powerlifting Club. Definitely going to miss training with these guys in an environment like this. I'm gonna have to make some excuses to come back up here.

The coach, Marc Giles, had everyone's numbers written down for the evening. Now, last week I got a PB single of 172.5kg. Walked in today and read, "175x2". ****.

Squats:
60x5
100x2
140x2
155x2
165x2 (PB double)
175x1f (PB single, was trying to double though)

Deadlift:
60x5
100x2
125x2
140x2
160x2
180x5 (PB)

That 175 double attempt, was so... so, soooo ****ing close. I was out of the hole, just had to lock out. But I got out of the groove and just had nothing left. Gutted for a while, but was happy for the PB anyway.

Marc thought my shins were a little too vertical and thought I'd benefit from stepping slightly away from the bar and sitting a little lower to use more quad. It flew up. Was only supposed to double 180, but went for 5 and there was easily another 1-2 reps left. I've only ever tripled 180 so that's another PB there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom