*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I like them LiE, what're they for? Sprinting? Why have you chosen these over anything else?

I only ask as my running shoes are in dire need of replacement!

My friend recommended them, he uses some Nike free's for sprinting too. I'll be doing incline interval treadmill sprints for conditioning, and when I can I'll be doing some sprints outside. I'll let you know how they perform.

Soldato
My friend recommended them, he uses some Nike free's for sprinting too. I'll be doing incline interval treadmill sprints for conditioning, and when I can I'll be doing some sprints outside. I'll let you know how they perform.

I'm guessing no good for longer distance running then? Dammit I want something that looks good and offers decent protection for doing runs between 3 - 7 miles.

Indeed, hilarious.

It is funny, lighten up brah :p

In other news, signing up to do the Tough Mudder. Should be interesting.

Associate
Dropping 100kcal a day won't make any difference tbh.

Also, 400kcal more than normal probably won't help you reach that sort of mass gain.
Remember by doing weights you are burning more kcals during exercise and post workout and additional lean mass means a higher kcals burned each day as standard.

Well my BMR is 1500 calories, then add anywhere between 300-500 for a hour's weight training which is 2000 calories maintenance then add 400-500 surplus so 2400-2500 is what I'm having each day, some days are more (generally workout days because I'm absolutely starving after working out lol).

Or am I completely missing something here? haha

Last edited:
Soldato
Meh, ordered new belt only to find out I accidentally ordered a Medium. Can only just get it in the first set of holes :( Will see how it feels tonight. /Fatty

It's easier to just eat pizza and make sure you cannot fit in teh belt.

Clothing on the limits is a pain :p

Man of Honour
Well my BMR is 1500 calories, then add anywhere between 300-500 for a hour's weight training which is 2000 calories maintenance then add 400-500 surplus so 2400-2500 is what I'm having each day, some days are more (generally workout days because I'm absolutely starving after working out lol).

Working out your calorie usage is actually really difficult. All the RMR calcs are good, but approximations.

What you've got to do is stick to it for a month or so and monitor any changes. Only then will you be able to workout if you need to add more or remove some.

In a perfect world you'd get your bodyfat measured before changing your training/diet and then get it measured 6 weeks later to monitor progress and any lean gains, bodyfat changes etc...

Don't go assuming those figures are absolutely accurate. They are a guideline. A couple of hundred calories is going to be hard to notice.

Good luck with it though and remember it takes weeks/months to notice any changes. :)

Associate

You forgot to factor in general activity. BMR is calories needed to maintain if you were asleep all day or something daft like that. You then need to factor in your general activity and workout activity.

TBH though, I'd just keep a food diary for a bit, figure out how much you are eating and whether you are maintaining or gaining on that diet and then add/reduce cals to suit your goal.

Or just do bodyweight in lbs x 18 and go from there... it's pretty arbitrary but it's a good enough starting point.

Man of Honour
I'm guessing no good for longer distance running then? Dammit I want something that looks good and offers decent protection for doing runs between 3 - 7 miles.

It is funny, lighten up brah :p

In other news, signing up to do the Tough Mudder. Should be interesting.
Don't heel strike and you'll be fine.

Watchout your gastroc bro.
300g? Was it all you can eat lettuce?
lol'd

Just been physio'd, muchos pain, including being dry needled to the bone on my infraspinatus. Groce.

Caporegime

It's good that you are already thinking about the weights kcal usage. However, as mentioned, you need to add in you other normal daily usage as well.

If you are starving then you aren't eating enough :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom