*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Nice work mate :)

With regards to the wobble, just looks like you lost tightness? Are you making sure you pull the bar down and engage the lats? :)

Defo more in the tank, especially due to the fact you noticed the wobble and got it back up with no issues and racked it :p

I'd love to do a 1rm session, not really the time at the moment. Can't wait till the cut is done

Pull the bar down? I have never done this! :confused:

Think I'll have to do some reading on correct form.

I'm not overly happy with the form to be honest. Need to figure out why I am getting tight ACLs :\ it's either down to form or my body, need to start reading around.

Caporegime
Pull the bar down? I have never done this! :confused:

Think I'll have to do some reading on correct form.

I'm not overly happy with the form to be honest. Need to figure out why I am getting tight ACLs :\ it's either down to form or my body, need to start reading around.

Yep, pull the bar down into you, grip it hard and pull. Elbows under, not back, to help you maintain back stability :)

Caporegime
I may be explaining it wrong, but on low bar I figured you have to kind of pull the bar? Get the lats all tight (along with the core etc)

I shall await for further replies though (still waiting for my icecold guide :o ;) :D)

EDIT: As morba said, really pull it down, it'll probably feel odd at first, but it should help keep tighter

Good session tonight. I'm so weak right now it's lolworthy but i've got my pullup bar sorted and i've ordered some rings to hang from it and i'm going to start upping my cals a bit. Inb4 on that phaggy time but bodyweight stuff is really appealing to me right now.

Nout wrong with it, you can get an awesome physique just via BW alone.

Caporegime
It's a metal log, some places have proper logs but it doesn't make much difference to be honest.
The clean is completely different to a barbell and the press is different due to a ****ing big log being sat on your chest rather than a bar lol :D

Soldato
Do you roll it a bit? Now that you mention it I think I remember watching world's strongest man and seeing them do log presses. They sort of deadlift it up then roll on to chest and then press.

Do you control it back down or let gravity do the work?

Caporegime
You roll it up from your lap.
Lighter weights you can one motion from lap straight up (90kg is my current max 1motion).

It's a cracking lift, like you said you deadlift it up the lap it then hips through and roll it up then press. Core and hips get worked a treat :)

Soldato
I think the closest thing I've done is lifting a water filled oil drum (or something like that) it was crazy, the other lads could lift it above their heads but I could only manage chest height.

That was last year, would be interesting to see what I can do now.

Soldato
Certainly wasn't an beer keg (unless you can get blue beer barrels?), I think it was a blue oil drum and we had to roll it to the park. Doubt it was more than 60kg (although I can't be sure) but that's nearly my bodyweight so enough of a task!

Last edited:
Caporegime
I thought you were waiting for shoulder rehab stuff, did I forget squatting??

Dunno, shoulder rehab is the main one :)

Just wondered if you could jot down the ques for squats/deads so I don't forget :o If you don't have time for that though buddy don't stress :) All the helps been appreciated

Last edited:
Soldato
My knees feel terrible today. Need to go get some nice oils and stuff for my ageing joints I think :(
I might have just the thing for you!

I'm not going to mention what it is just yet. I'm going to a seminar tonight where the doctor who invented this product is talking about how it actually works. Believe me, this has the backing of friends I really value the opinion of, they've been using it for over 3 months and are raving about it. I'm not talking some young kiddie down the gym spouting crap, I'm talking World Champion UFC fighters, etc. Hence my interest has been peaked!

Believe me when I say this could revolutionize the whole health & supplement industry! The catch? Well there must be something, there's always a catch! It doesn't look cheap on the face of it at approx £2 a day but I suppose it depends on dosage.... I'm going to confirm everything tonight :)

Man of Honour
I might have just the thing for you!

I'm not going to mention what it is just yet. I'm going to a seminar tonight where the doctor who invented this product is talking about how it actually works. Believe me, this has the backing of friends I really value the opinion of, they've been using it for over 3 months and are raving about it. I'm not talking some young kiddie down the gym spouting crap, I'm talking World Champion UFC fighters, etc. Hence my interest has been peaked!

Believe me when I say this could revolutionize the whole health & supplement industry! The catch? Well there must be something, there's always a catch! It doesn't look cheap on the face of it at approx £2 a day but I suppose it depends on dosage.... I'm going to confirm everything tonight :)

Sounds pretty remarkable. Would be even more remarkable if it works, too.

Any info would be very much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom