*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Thanks Icecold, will 15x45 be enough?

Not foamrolled since the beggining of the year, do you have any sites that have some good step by step (dummy guides)?

Man of Honour
It should be.

I don't know of any general guides, although Delvis posted a foam rolling poster-thing in the mobility thread. There are a few other links/videos in there, and if you search "foam roll [bodypart]" then it should be pretty easy to find what you're looking for.

Caporegime
Thats the attitude I like to hear!...Oh wait... :p

Thats one thing I've learnt with Wendler (although its common knowledge :D), is that I dont need to keep it close to my max, to a point where I fail, in order to see progress :).

How is your programme set out by the way?

Haha :D As you said, it's getting closer and closer to my max, and as I'm ona cut my strength is slowly going no doubt.

Anyway, managed the weight in question, I believe I hit parallel on most reps, so can't moan.

Programme? Hah, I just make sure I do the main lifts and hit a rep range at 8 or above, and increase weights where I can. Then I'll hit things as I please.

Man of Honour
As mentioned in the video, anti-inflammatories aren't great for healing either :p

Not healing, no... Blocking prostaglandins, yes. Those bar stewards are miserable, yet they kickstart the healing process. Nice contradiction. I prefer cocodamol, but that's harder to source off prescription. :)

And UE: I trust my GP to explain things that are not associated with the skeletomuscular system. Pneumonia? I'll make an appointment. Sprains, strains and stuff like back pain? No chance.

However, RICE is the first thing most sports people are encouraged to go for when indulging in soft tissue injury.

Caporegime
Any improvement is sufficient brah, don't over think things :)

This pretty much.

Just hammer it Sig, you seem to be doing a good job of it :)

My squats are slowly creeping up now, just need to keep an eye on form that's all. Deads are coming now as well

15KG improvement on your 1RM in less than six months though I would call good, especially as you've been lifting for a fair bit now. :)

I'm hoping to be to repping my Deads 1RM in the next few months hopefully, but we'll see

Soldato
Bleurgh had my first real Work & Life taking over gym progress this last week, feel like **** for it! Had major panic stations at work, had to fly to Amsterdam Thurs & Fri AND work all weekend. And to top it off, while I was in Amsterdam my nextdoor neighbour scraped all down the side of my car on the driveway!

Just don't have the mindset to lift no heavy ass weights this week, hopefully it'll do me some good taking a week off and I was planning on starting SL soon anyway.

Soldato
Is it any good? Is 80kg target reasonable? Would that show sufficient improvement?

At the start of the year my rep max was 85 (end of jan) if I remember correctly. I set myself a tough target of 100 before mat. I made it but only just. Keep at it and you could add 15kg by the end of the year imo.

Caporegime
keep_calm_and_lift_heavy_things_tshirt.jpg

Associate
Squats:
60x5
100x4
130x2
140x1
157.5x4f (PB)
157.5x2

CGBP:
60x5
70x2
80x5x3

Chins:
BWx10
BWx8

Leg Extension:
50x3
75x2
100x10

Felt sluggish today. Was going for 5 reps for squat. 1st easy, 2nd hard, 3rd easy, 4th absolute grinder. Racked it. I only had about 4 hours sleep so I'll just put it down to that. Still, it's technically a PB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom