*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Quick question for the bods in this thread:

How often do you take time off (Like a week) from the gym ?

I goto the gym 3 times a week, and occasionally if i'm feeling a little overtrained i'll take the friday off and so have 4 days off from the gym. But i cant remember when i last had a full week off.

Soldato

I goto the gym 3 times a week, and occasionally if i'm feeling a little overtrained i'll take the friday off and so have 4 days off from the gym. But i cant remember when i last had a full week off.

I usually have Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday off. Although I normally still do mobility work on these days.

Soldato
I attended the UKBFF Welsh Championships, holy s*** wha an eye opener. My gym owner won the Super Heavy weight class but even the under 70kg where incredible. It was evident there was not one single natural competitoron stage, but that does no take anything away from them.

The amount of commitment they go through is insane. People where talking about doing 8hr a cardio a DAY!!!!

I've come to realise the past year that steroid use is rampant. 16 years ago when I started working out you'll see one or two solid guys in a gym. Guys that you'll see outside of the gym and say 'yep, dude lift some heavy stuff'. Nowadays half the guys in my gym are built. Maybe there's more awareness to stay healthy or ripped but I have my doubts.

Man of Honour

Deload week every 4/5 weeks. Normally build up too much tension in my hip adductors and can't lift as a result. And yes, I normally lift 3 days a week and do soft tissue/roller work and stretching on the days in between.

When I say 'deload', I actually mean "nothing." I find my body uses that time to adjust and repair, as well as building its fuel stores back up to optimal levels. Also gives the old CNS time to figure out what just happened to it, too. :)

Man of Honour
I take a week off when I have a holiday booked, so maybe once a year, or if I have an niggling injury that's bothering me

Sometimes it's just because I forget though :D I went from September last year to July this year without any time off, just because prepping for a show meant I couldn't really, then after I stopped dieting I just carried on without thinking

Soldato
Exactly, when you're taking certain types of Um-Bongo, you can get away with doing next to no cardio at all if you're diet is on point

And if you REALLY ramp up the Gummi Bear juice then there's a point where diet becomes almost irrelevant too. Not quite, but almost. I've heard of guys lying in ice baths as they stuff they take leaves them very hot and humid. But the results are incredible.

Call me a purist but I do **** the hard way :p

kai

kai

Soldato
Arhh the more i see the use around me; asi get deeper into the sport. I am not going to lie the more tempted i am to use such "gummy juice" :(

kai

kai

Soldato
Why do you want to do it? To compete/for your modelling or purely for vanity? If it's the latter, I think you need to really ask yourself if it's worth it.

At the moment its a mixed emotion; my training partner is on a very weak form of naughty stuff and exploded - he looks insane all the time but has the intention of stepping on stage soon. Jealousy is a terrible thing. Being totally upfront it would be 70% for vanity, while that little bit extra no doubt would aid modelling/shoots.

Man of Honour
If you mean he's on pro hormones, I wouldn't bother, as soon as he stops he'll lose 90% of his gains, and the majority of what you're seeing now is just water retention which is one of the downfalls of them.

If you're going to do it, do it properly. But again, if it's because of being jealous and mostly for vanity, I'd argue that you should steer clear

It's stupid, people need to get real why they are doing the stuff in the first place.

I pride myself on being natural and healthy.

So you keep saying :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom