*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
another good day at the gym apart from messing up my times so had to miss my 4th set off the deadlifts, did see yet more odd goings on in the gym, some guy rocks up to a pull up bar and use straps on it ?! he did the pull up's easy enough so god knows why he needed straps.

and todays numbers.

Elliptical Trainer:
0:20:00 || Moderate (+151 pts)
Barbell Bench Press:
80 kg x 8 reps (+99 pts)
80 kg x 8 reps (+99 pts)
80 kg x 8 reps (+99 pts)
80 kg x 8 reps (+99 pts)
Barbell Squat:
90 kg x 8 reps (+115 pts)
Barbell Deadlift:
100 kg x 8 reps (+133 pts)

Permabanned
another good day at the gym apart from messing up my times so had to miss my 4th set off the deadlifts, did see yet more odd goings on in the gym, some guy rocks up to a pull up bar and use straps on it ?! he did the pull up's easy enough so god knows why he needed straps.

Its an engagement thing, i strap up for BOR's its nowt to do with grip, works well for many pulling exercises, helps you pull with the wrists rather than the hands.

Associate
To be fair I've used straps for pull because my grip sits under my long as hell fingers and goes well before my arms or back give out.

I know its seen as **ssy but I'd have a crappy has hell workout without em :(

Permabanned
To be fair I've used straps for pull because my grip sits under my long as hell fingers and goes well before my arms or back give out.

I know its seen as **ssy but I'd have a crappy has hell workout without em :(

yeah but avoid it too much and you have a problem long term. i can grip plenty but when i want to engage the back more than the biceps i like to pull with loose hands. i will however raw grip 90% of everything.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
GAC - 8 reps is all well and good, but is it a struggle? Or are you getting all the reps out ok? I'd suggest that unless you're struggling towards the end it may be too light....

im aiming to get 4x8 over all 3 lifts and then il start upping things, just trying to get some fitness back.

todays the best day iv had back in the gym hopefully il hit the 4x8 over all 3 wed, repeat it friday and then look at adding 5kg's to all lifts monday, and start again.

and by the last set its a struggle and im dripping in sweat so id say its doing me good :D

Associate
Sooo tired right now :(.

We stayed there all day because we had a friend lifting in the super heavies. However because it was a Sunday there was nowhere open to buy a post lifting feast from within any reasonable distance so we were up at 7 didn't really eat all day apart from the odd shake and beef jerky (best thing ever) and then didn't leave until after 10pm. Then had a 3 hour drive home, but luckily we found a 24hour Maccy Ds so we celebrated with that :p.

I'm sore all over, more from the being sat in uncomfortable chairs all day than the lifting.

Thanks for all the kind words chaps, I will repay them with videos when I get them all organised ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom