*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Just don't do it. At least all your work will stay with you - unlike all this stuff which will screw up your body (and there are no long term effects understanding as of yet really), and you end up losing most of it as your body fights to restore balance.

I've done the big thing, I 've done the strong thing. I know I can do it, it takes effort, and there are times where I think "**** it, I Cannot be arsed to go the gym, I look and feel like **** so what's the ****ing point?" I see big guys and think wow... but then I realise that they're not real - and that in 10 years time I'll look better than them, and still be stronger and healthier.

Screw size. It's about health, power and strength. David beat Goliath - it's still true to this day.

Then I swing back to "hell yeah mother****er, I love this ****"...

Just imagine how it would be going through those emotions when your body's hormones are all over the place.

Just. Not. Worth. It.

I personally don't want this discussion to continue, as I'm not a moderator though, do what you want. However, I do not want it to be glamourised, if anything I want the opposite to happen. There's nothing good to come from these things.

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Well said FF.

Kai, they may look big, but they aren't that strong :) they hate it when you lift more than them and you're not as big. It's something I get a kick out of.

Man of Honour
With your glutes I hope, I hope and I pray.

Nothing else for you. You deserve the best xx

Well said FF.

Kai, they may look big, but they aren't that strong :) they hate it when you lift more than them and you're not as big. It's something I get a kick out of.

They won't be big or strong for ever - Kai's much more likely to retain what he has for life.

As well as not causing homeostasis to go up the fanny.

Associate
I personally don't want this discussion to continue, as I'm not a moderator though, do what you want. However, I do not want it to be glamourised, if anything I want the opposite to happen. There's nothing good to come from these things.

The worst part is people believing stories that so & so gained 10 - 15 lbs of lean muscle and kept it all afterwards etc etc that you see all over the place if you start to look into these things.

Now i know a lot of people aren't naive enough to fall for it but there are those who are, surely it would be best to offer advice to those considering it rather than just flat out forbidding the discussion?

If someone comes here for advice and is told they aren't going to get it from here they will just find it elsewhere, a lot of the time either from people who are happy juicing for whatever reason or from people who "think" they know better because they are bigger / stronger than the newbies.

Man of Honour
The worst part is people believing stories that so & so gained 10 - 15 lbs of lean muscle and kept it all afterwards etc etc that you see all over the place if you start to look into these things.

Now i know a lot of people aren't naive enough to fall for it but there are those who are, surely it would be best to offer advice to those considering it rather than just flat out forbidding the discussion?

If someone comes here for advice and is told they aren't going to get it from here they will just find it elsewhere, a lot of the time either from people who are happy juicing for whatever reason or from people who "think" they know better because they are bigger / stronger than the newbies.

We are not a sports forum. They are in a grey area about legality, you cannot buy them legally - so from that point of view it's already a no no.

A lot of bodybuilding forums also have a ban on "how to purchase" as well.

I don't want people getting ideas or help about that side of the gym world from here - even if we have experts and well versed individuals. Heck look at the debates and disagreements you get with just a few supplements you can buy already...

Yes guiding ignorance is good, but this is not the place for it.

Why can't people just eat, go to gym and get on with it without having to take shortcuts I don't know... Sure, we'd all love to be big and strong (actually I was a bit fed up of being massive, though I wouldn't mind being a LITTLE bigger, but prefer being as lean as I am.)

Long term, they're just a dark side of this that actually won't do you any good - there's enough evidence out there that irrespective of abuse or not, that they have caused health issues. Sure, short term, everything is great, long term... hmmmm. Even Arnie now looks no different to any other 60 year old man who hasn't trained.

Soldato
My view is do what you want, but I feel that jucing is an easy way out, a shortcut and a bit of a waste. The gains are not for life in the majority of cases, and a large majority of cyclists don't do it properly and so will be no better off afterwards.

Looking big is a perspective thing, the majority of the public will only consider a natural bb'er/lifter small when compared to a user, and when side by side. Take Kai for example, people wouldn't say he isn't ripped, or doesn't look in great shape compared to joe blogs juicer if job blogs isn't there to be seen.

Yes natty's will be smaller, but only when side by side with juicers. Take LiE, Ice, FF for example. None of them would be considered small until they are placed next to someone who has been using.

Soldato
Funny that you cannot buy them legally, but you're allowed to bring them into the UK and use them legally just fine. Hell, my gym is pretty much 2min walk away from West Hampstead Police station and I know for a fact a few coppers that train there are using. Glaring double standards if you ask me.

Soldato
All users are cheaters. FACT!!! It also turns some people into (bigger?) ****s, as is evident on this very forum.

Not quite. Users have different goals than you. You do realise steroids are NOT illegal to use recreationally? It's hardly cheating. But I do understand and in a way agree with your sentiment. But I also know it's not as black and white as that.

Soldato
Not quite. Users have different goals than you. You do realise steroids are NOT illegal to use recreationally? It's hardly cheating. But I do understand and in a way agree with your sentiment. But I also know it's not as black and white as that.

I wasn't entirely serious, I knew it'd wind up some people, I'll happily admit that's why I posted it.

Come at me, water-filled, silicone boobjob lookalikes!

Soldato
I wasn't entirely serious, I knew it'd wind up some people, I'll happily admit that's why I posted it.

Come at me, water-filled silicone boobjob lookalikes!

Some will die before they admit it's just water that's puffing them out instead of the muscle they'd like to believe it is. So yes, they'll come at you bro.

Man of Honour
All users are cheaters. FACT!!! It also turns some people into (bigger?) ****s, as is evident on this very forum.

I'm not a cheater in anything I do therefore I do not want to cheat for the sake of my ego.

Wrong - if you're a class a idiot, you'll be a bigger idiot on them. If you're cool, you're cool. End of. Just because you don't get on with some people on here, there's no need to have sly digs.

As for cheating - it's only cheating if comparing against another person who isn't doing the same thing. It's perhaps cheating themselves, but cheating is not necessarily the right word.

All my friends that have sized up next to me have all admitted or denied at some point that they have or haven't done gear - as a result, we're all on an even keel as there is no subversiveness.

As for ego, I agree it does come down to that, and vanity etc..

Funny that you cannot buy them legally, but you're allowed to bring them into the UK and use them legally just fine. Hell, my gym is pretty much 2min walk away from West Hampstead Police station and I know for a fact a few coppers that train there are using. Glaring double standards if you ask me.

Yup... wished they weren't so easy to get hold of - but they are.

A lot of police are being drug tested (my company included) so they'll weed those guys out fairly quick I imagine.

Thing is, you just need to **** up what you're doing, and you're messing around with your body's systems... it's like a Mac, it doesn't want to me tweaked or modified. Sure, add a bigger harddrive or screen... but don't start fiddling with the bits that ties it all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom