*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I actually think there is a big problem with people doing a few tours and then stopping. Despite what has been said so far, this still gives a considerable advantage. I don't want to say that I have my doubts, but given that the winner of the British Classic powerlifting 83kg class used to be a bodybuilder, I have more doubts than I otherwise would have.

/probablyjealous

You've been powerlifting long enough, you should have an idea what is/isn't suspicious, so I'd say it's normal.

p.s. I used to 'bodybuild' :p

Man of Honour
Berating him is the first stage of beating him though, right? :p

He was on stage and won though. Vince Mwayi, for those interested.

In all seriousness, I'm not even really accusing him of using when he was on stage. He just has the appropriate "look". Seems like a nice guy though, he was coaching a guy in the juniors so I met him briefly when I was helping Dom.

Soldato
Why do you want to do it? To compete/for your modelling or purely for vanity? If it's the latter, I think you need to really ask yourself if it's worth it.

If you're going to do it, do it properly. But again, if it's because of being jealous and mostly for vanity, I'd argue that you should steer clear

Yes I do this for vanity, but my own vanity. I don't care what others think about me, I just want to feel good about myself :)

this confuses me.....

kai

kai

Soldato
None of that will matter when you beat him next year, right? ;)

I think i have missed some stuff from this thread,

from what i can gain from quick recap?

MonKee is competing with Steedie next year, while both are flat out on the monkey juice (no pun intended) that right in a nutshell?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I think i have missed some stuff from this thread,

from what i can gain from quick recap?

MonKee is competing with Steedie next year, while both are flat out on the monkey juice (no pun intended) that right in a nutshell?

No, MoNkeE isn't competing

I intend to move to the UKBFF in a couple of years time once I feel ready

this confuses me.....

What does?

Last edited:
Soldato
Damn I was only on page 453 this morning and just refreshed...

3ostxt.jpg

Where do we stick what...? :D

Man of Honour
I've spoken to MoNkeE for months about this, I've told him what it's about, told him the risks, told him the pros, and told him why he should/shouldn't do it

Ultimately, that's all I can do, he made his decision and as it's an informed decision and something he's thought about for a long time, I'll support it.

I told kai he shouldn't do it for vanity, doesn't mean if he chooses to do it anyway I wouldn't support him. End of the day it's about being happy, if that will make you happy, why not?

Soldato
Aye fair enough, personally I hope it goes well for you both. Would be interested in the before and after pics, and the strength gains of some proper commitment put in to it rather then seek the usual meat heads down the gym.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom