*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Tend to agree, but my training partner is doing everything he can to improve traps - he is 6'2" 98Kg and only have a 15 1/2" neck size; its funny!!! because he is pretty well rounded but its noticeable

If you spread your lats when you deadlift it would be quite hard to shrug it effectively I would have thought. I used to lift by pinching my shoulder blades and squeezing my traps. That really worked them, but isn't correct really.

Has he tried neck specific exercises with a head strap and cable machine or tried neck bridges? You can do quite a lot of neck work resisting your hands.

Soldato
Maybe I am imagining it, but I think im already seeing gains in the biceps, Im not one to just be a bicep douche either, but it just seems to be there that im seeing gains at the moment.

Going for chest tonight with a few legs thrown in.

Associate
so are people that do split routines not pushing themselves hard enough?! :eek::confused:

No, not at all :o I just don't think it looks like enough for me but hey, I've not tried it yet =P. All that matters tho is the gains?

Delvis you will get there soon enough you've already aquired a load of knowlegde now you just gotta put it to good use and stay determined!

Associate
Lol so true. I would never advise it. But I wanted it so badly initially I would be near passing out, shaking from strain and unable to pick a coin off the floor the next day my doms were so bad.

Progression is so slow. Sometimes I look in the mirror in the morning and think what is the point. I'm never going to have an amazing physique, you just have to put it to one side and enjoy lifting.

Caporegime
Crikey; I thought I was bad!

Indeed ;) Some are minor injuries that don't always impact training

Not really, look it up, sometimes it better to stop rather than blast all out

What age are you Delvis? You have as many issues as my dad and hes 53 =P Work through them! ;)

26 ;)

Progression is so slow. Sometimes I look in the mirror in the morning and think what is the point. I'm never going to have an amazing physique, you just have to put it to one side and enjoy lifting.

Indeed eh! I'm getting there, I've stuck to strict macros since before XMas, I've stuck to a progressive routine since then as well, intending to do this until Feb atleast, possibly March, then I'm going to see how things are and go from there

Man of Honour

I think that's the key thing. You have to enjoy it and enjoy the lifestyle. If you do it only to look good, you're going to give up pretty damn quickly.

Soldato
Not really, look it up, sometimes it better to stop rather than blast all out

I know what over training is, i was saying it's BS you will be over training. Put it this way most upper body workouts since i started i struggle to lift my arms afterwards. If that was a bad thing i wouldn't be gaining would i? At least not at the rate i have been. I'm sure most other people in here will tell you that also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom