*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Lol so true. I would never advise it. But I wanted it so badly initially I would be near passing out, shaking from strain and unable to pick a coin off the floor the next day my doms were so bad.

Missed this post, love it :D I feel its a wasted session if i don't get the shakes on at least 1 exercise :p

Associate
I used to get laughed at. You could hear the plates rattling on the bar :)

From your posts skillmister you seem really hungry for it. Helps so much! Delvis you give the impression you are very measured and controlled, this is good. But if you turn some of that frustration into controlled aggression it gives you such a boost. Grab the bar and rattle it like a monkey bouncing around a cage.

You have that room to yourself don't you? Shout at yourself if it helps.

Caporegime
I know what over training is, i was saying it's BS you will be over training. Put it this way most upper body workouts since i started i struggle to lift my arms afterwards. If that was a bad thing i wouldn't be gaining would i? At least not at the rate i have been. I'm sure most other people in here will tell you that also.

Oh okay, sorry you just said BS so I presume it was to the entire post / theory :p

The issues with my shoulder stop me with working my upper body as much as I would like to, for instance I'm almost seeing stars when I'm doing lunges, yet on bench press i'm okay just my shoulder is feeling like it's going to fall off! :D Not trying to make any digs buddy, I've seen your progress and it's fantastic

I used to get laughed at. You could hear the plates rattling on the bar :)

From your posts skillmister you seem really hungry for it. Helps so much! Delvis you give the impression you are very measured and controlled, this is good. But if you turn some of that frustration into controlled aggression it gives you such a boost. Grab the bar and rattle it like a monkey bouncing around a cage.

You have that room to yourself don't you? Shout at yourself if it helps.

Aye I do, sadly there is an office down below...I have however started making Doom 'grunting' noises :p They will be shouts soon!

I'm going through a fair whack at the moment, and not feeling myself...Which isn't helping matters, but i'm still enjoying the gym, infact its the one thing I look forwards to currently! :)

Chest Day:
Bench:
1 x 10 x bar
1 x 4 x 32.5KG
1 x 2 x 40KG

2 x 8 x 47.5KG
1 x 7 x 47.5KG

Had to stop on the last rep, my shoulder was niggling like a booger by this point...It started on the second set.

Inc. DB Bench:
3 x 10 x 7.5KG

Shoulder felt better here.

French Press:
3 x 10 x 17.5KG

These are getting hard now, so next week will be an issue, may need to drop the reps and up the sets?

CGBP:
3 x 10 x 22.5KG

Flys:
3 x 8 x 7.5KG

Not much discomfort on these thankfully.

It appears that my shoulder really has issues with Bench Press, last week it seemed okay, this week it was just knackered...Not sure whether or not I should up the weight to 50KG next week or not. My shoulder has been a bit iffy though all day really.

Man of Honour
Bit of a random questin but does anyone have a spare 0.5ml scoop they could send me? I don't mind paying postage, I've just managed to lose mine and don't fancy paying MP's P+P for a 20p scoop.

Soldato
lowered my squat and deadlift weights this evening. Ego hates me, back loves me.

Much stricter now :), had trouble unracking my progression point while being strict with myself

Soldato
Who wants abs?

Much easier answer

401470_10150499782751818_678101817_8950819_1176336659_n.jpg

Associate
Destroyed deadlifting tonight even tho I had pretty bad DOMS :D Guy twice my size was struggling then gave up after 3 sets at the same weight as me =P

My legs were still pretty sore when starting so I did 5x110kg which felt too easy so I moved upto 125kg then did another set, harder but I needed more so I slapped on another 5kg and did another 4 sets :D Was so pleased with myself! :) Got a good look at my fourm in the mirror and it looks okay (From the front) My lower back looks and feels straight as I get no pain or strain in it however my upper back on the last set seems to round a little but I head thats ok because its just fatigue.

Delvis, have you checked your fourm on the flat bench? When I first started I would just lay on the bench and start resulting in my right shoulder joint getting really sore and crunching so I looked at a few videos and took in the propper benching fourm. Good arch in the back and pinching my shoudler blades togither then it was all fine :D

Caporegime
Delvis, have you checked your fourm on the flat bench? When I first started I would just lay on the bench and start resulting in my right shoulder joint getting really sore and crunching so I looked at a few videos and took in the propper benching fourm. Good arch in the back and pinching my shoudler blades togither then it was all fine :D

Aye, seen enough videos to make a movie now.

I have an arch, I have the shoulder blades pinned, before I was dropping the bar to far up my chest resulting in pain, dropped it a bit now and it helps.

It's just knackered mate :o

Associate
Well that sucks delvis :(

My fourm looks ok to me from the front and I would hope one of the trainers would correct me if it was wrong tho :( I'll try to get a video up but I don't really want to ask a random person to do it =P

The guy I was doing it with didn't have very good fourm and was complaining of lower back pain so I said to him im no expert and gave him some tips and showed him while not doing a weight.

Soldato
Well that sucks delvis :(

My fourm looks ok to me from the front and I would hope one of the trainers would correct me if it was wrong tho :( I'll try to get a video up but I don't really want to ask a random person to do it =P

The guy I was doing it with didn't have very good fourm and was complaining of lower back pain so I said to him im no expert and gave him some tips and showed him while not doing a weight.

FORM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom