*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
If you're recovering from an injury then fair enough, but you would be better off eventually to use free weights, you use more supporting muscles that way...Along with being able to do lifts like the deadlift and squat properly. With machines you probably tend to use your mid section/core a lot less.

I've followed the weights vs free weights debates, well, since I started training November 29, 1996. Through the years I've been a staunch supporter of both, changing 'allegiance' often.

I think I've come to realize that it hardly matters what you use, as long as there's resistance. Your biceps doesn't know the difference between seated dumbbell curls or using a preacher machine. Both, if done properly, will give you a hell of a workout.

Nowadays I do far more machine work due to a small weights area that's all jam packed with 'hardcore' dudes with Beatz headsets, leaving little space.

I've noticed no difference in progress or DOMS.

But anyway, I know everyone has his/her own opinion on this.

Caporegime
Last session before comp, only a light one to keep the body moving

Deads:
190 for a few doubles without straps

Log:
70x5
90x3x3

Yoke overhead press:
Horrible thing to be doing, the yoke bar is 3" thick so you can't get a good grip and it's not low so can't use much leg drive as it would hit the floor.
90 - few single then a double
95 - few singles then a triple. No idea how I did this, it was horrible to control!

500kg tyre:
A little help for 2 flips then tried on my own, got it to chest then the tyre span sideways.
Tried again and got it onto leg then it slid away from me on some **** on the floor. Few more attempts but was gassed by now. Nothing left.

Time to rest, stretch and eat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom