*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Strong squatting sm'ed

Sigma, deadlifting is not bad. The second rep there's to much back arching from the beginning, but you said you rushed a little due to grip, never rush a rm or any heavy reps for that matter.

As for chalk, there is no reason why your gym would have an issue with liquid chalk, it only makes a mess of your own hands!

http://www.myprotein.com/uk/product...m_medium=cpc&gclid=CLPrpsaJvbICFQMMfAodW1gASA

Soldato
Bearing in mind he can't see your posts, that's kind of a moot point...I bet your but tucks all over the place ;) You've just been lucky enough for it not to effet you yet

Yeah UE, bet you don't even know how to deadlift, you've just not exploded in to a million pieces as if you're made out of glass yet.

Hang on a minute.......... Wrong person!

Soldato
It's high bar, that's normal depth.

Normal for some, yes, I can't seem to hit that depth without all hell breaking loose - well, tightening up to be precise. Need to do more mobility shizz I guess.

Sigma, deadlifting is not bad. The second rep there's to much back arching from the beginning, but you said you rushed a little due to grip, never rush a rm or any heavy reps for that matter.

Can you explain a bit more please? I can't see much difference between the two? I only rushed after I got it above the knees and then didn't thrust too much as it was starting to slip so I got it down asap, I don't feel that I rushed the set up or start of the lift.

Yeah UE, bet you don't even know how to deadlift, you've just not exploded in to a million pieces as if you're made out of glass yet.

Who gives a flying **** what UE thinks?

I might not be Mr Perfect but at least I'm not Mr Cheat.

Soldato
Normal for some, yes, I can't seem to hit that depth without all hell breaking loose - well, tightening up to be precise. Need to do more mobility shizz I guess.

Can you explain a bit more please? I can't see much difference between the two? I only rushed after I got it above the knees and then didn't thrust too much as it was starting to slip so I got it down asap, I don't feel that I rushed the set up or start of the lift.

First bit, SM'ed is high bar squatting, that depth is a lot easier to achieve while high bar squatting, even tight you would be able to get close to that with no problems sig.

Watch the second vid, you go to setup and your lower back is already rounded erode you started to lift the weight. I wasn't taking anything away from the lift, it just looked like you rushed in to the lift, as on your previous loft you lock in better and only start to lose the lower back part way through. For RM territory it's nothing major, but considering it looks like you have anther 15kg in the bag, it could have been tighter. Keep at it though

Soldato
First bit, SM'ed is high bar squatting, that depth is a lot easier to achieve while high bar squatting, even tight you would be able to get close to that with no problems sig.

Watch the second vid, you go to setup and your lower back is already rounded erode you started to lift the weight. I wasn't taking anything away from the lift, it just looked like you rushed in to the lift, as on your previous loft you lock in better and only start to lose the lower back part way through. For RM territory it's nothing major, but considering it looks like you have anther 15kg in the bag, it could have been tighter. Keep at it though

I will take that on board. Regarding the squatting, I would explain a bit more about things but I'll only come across as whining so I'll not bother :p

:rolleyes: Where is the love..

Guessing you didn't read what he wrote?

Permabanned

Ill have you know i explode several times but im like T2 i just liquify and reform bigger than ever! "Dur-dur dur-dur-duh-dur doooooo-do-dooooo do-do-doooooooo..."

Soldato
I will take that on board. Regarding the squatting, I would explain a bit more about things but I'll only come across as whining so I'll not bother

from watching you do front squats, I think, at the meet, you were hitting similar depth just fine, so other then flexibility work to stop your hips feeling like they want to explode I can't see why that depth is so hard to achieve. I think you underestimate yourself sometimes

Soldato
from watching you do front squats, I think, at the meet, you were hitting similar depth just fine, so other then flexibility work to stop your hips feeling like they want to explode I can't see why that depth is so hard to achieve. I think you underestimate yourself sometimes

I was talking to Steedie about it at the meet, I sometimes get the same muscle cramping up when doing heavy BB chest press! It only really happens at heavier weights, at the meet we were doing low weights with high reps.

Going by this diagram http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Anterior_Hip_Muscles_2.PNG it's the iliacus that is the one causing the problem but I'm a noob who has no actual idea so who knows.

Caporegime
Simple tonight, had to cut it short:

Squats: 3x3x65kg

Then supersetted leg extentsions with leg curls.

Pleased with the squats, just gotta keep the back in check and watch depth.

Fnar fnar

Last edited:
Soldato
I was talking to Steedie about it at the meet, I sometimes get the same muscle cramping up when doing heavy BB chest press! It only really happens at heavier weights, at the meet we were doing low weights with high reps.

Going by this diagram http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Anterior_Hip_Muscles_2.PNG it's the iliacus that is the one causing the problem but I'm a noob who has no actual idea so who knows.

Do you do the hip opener stretches before squatting? If not try it ;)

Man of Honour

It's not the iliacus, it's one/all of: sartorius, TFL, all proximal quad insertions. Iliacus is a lot more internal.

Associate
It's high bar, that's normal depth.

I squat low-bar. Probably just the angle, I'll get a better vid next time to show you. It's not super-low, but what I'd consider a conservative low-bar squat. Unless I've been wrong all these years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom