Not open for further replies.
Absolutely delighted!! I did the PB!! :D

100kg x12
130kg x8
160kg x4
180kg failed

Big psych up and encouragement from a friend

Boom! 180kg x1!!

Wasn't the prettiest form in the world once it came off the ground but I managed it and I'm delighted!!
I can come down and slap you on the back next time...

Also, nice.
Good stuff, great effort! Anything strongman related is enough to make me crawl out from the lurker rock.

On an unrelated note - ice, anytime just got a 60kg dumbbell - it shall be pressed!
Oh shiiiiii! I hear they also have 4 squat racks now, surely this isn't true?!

First day back to squatting after the rehab. Went up to 160x6 with at least 3 left in the tank, so not too bad.

Also, benched 120x6 which is a huge PB :confused:

First day back to squatting after the rehab. Went up to 160x6 with at least 3 left in the tank, so not too bad.

Also, benched 120x6 which is a huge PB :confused:

Ice maybe u can help i dont trust 1RM calcs, did 137.5 x 12 squats other day how does that compare with your ability and whats your max squat? RM calc gives me 198kg which i dont believe

Anything over around 6 is going to give you widely variable results. Then there is the fact that some people get very good at doing reps, but their 1MR is no where near what you'd expect.

I'd say that would give you something like 180-190kg, depending on a few things (the above, form, tapering, girth, swagger...).

assumed as much, being all type 1/2a fibres over here id wager less too, 170 was 1rm before the last 531 id be surprised if it had gone up more than 10kg will have a crack at a 180 in a month or so. Morba im on 205kg for reps tom im gonna gun for your comp score and video it so everyone can tell me how my back is going to snap off.

How's your brother? He's got a big comp soon doesn't he?

Good thanks. He is off to Canada this weekend for a natural strongman comp. I don't know where they get their funding from but they're paying for all the competitors to fly over there! After that he is hoping to get an invite to World's u105kg. In my completely unbiased (;)) opinion he definitely deserves the chance to compete.

Bench over and triceps fried, just how I like it :D

77.5x5
87.5x3
97.5x7

Does that seem reasonable for last week of 531 LiE? Want to make sure Im hitting the required rep ranges this time around :)

if thats week 3 in the cycle, thats pretty solid, i think 8 would be ideal, but you shouldnt be disappointed with 6. Especially if you potentially had 1 left in the tank at 7 ;)

assumed as much, being all type 1/2a fibres over here id wager less too, 170 was 1rm before the last 531 id be surprised if it had gone up more than 10kg will have a crack at a 180 in a month or so. Morba im on 205kg for reps tom im gonna gun for your comp score and video it so everyone can tell me how my back is going to snap off.

You should smash it tbh, I think 20 is possible (with straps for me) if all your doing is deadlifts in your workout.

Just remember to take a knee if you start seeing stars, better to roll over from a knee than to fall from standing lol

if thats week 3 in the cycle, thats pretty solid, i think 8 would be ideal, but you shouldnt be disappointed with 6. Especially if you potentially had 1 left in the tank at 7 ;)

Haha thanks, it was week 3 too. I did 7, but I did have 1 in the tank...I think :p I think I might re-add BB Rows in to bench day too, as I did some today and it felt good!

You should smash it tbh, I think 20 is possible (with straps for me) if all your doing is deadlifts in your workout.

Just remember to take a knee if you start seeing stars, better to roll over from a knee than to fall from standing lol

I started seeing starts at the 7th rep of 100kg squatting. Forced myself to get the other 3 then had to sit down for a 10 mins :D Completely empty gym as well but I was determined for a new PB!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom