*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
You should smash it tbh, I think 20 is possible (with straps for me) if all your doing is deadlifts in your workout.

Just remember to take a knee if you start seeing stars, better to roll over from a knee than to fall from standing lol

Appreciate the support but the more i think about it the more i remember how heavy 200+ kgs is lol if i can get 10 ill feel pretty good tbh dont think ive got your raw power yet must be a lack of doughnuts

Caporegime
You'll be surprised. I was allowed to do touch and go on those reps which helps.
No touch and go I would have done 6, took a breath then done another 6 and took a breath and then just get whatever I could after that lol

Soldato
Hyper-extensions? great for back rehab, i focussed a lot on these and good mornings in early days gave the basis for a solid back.

Good mornings hurt. Well they did

And im not sure i have the correct equipment for hyper extensions?

All in all its getting better, deadlifts are helping it somewhat, although they can tweak it as well

As you say though, should have done more in the early days, lack of a training partner didnt help there

you can do hypers like opposite sit ups, kneel down and hook heels under bar/bed then make like a muslim and pray (direction for non religious purposes is irrelevant)

err was i the only one to notice this????

a whole conversation between delvis and UE and no hate/burning/normal UE type banter.....

whats the world coming to :p

Man of Honour
I have custom made suits which fit me fine now - I can't really put on much more size (certainly don't want to put on any around the waist - happy with my sub 34" waist! :cool: )).

I'm not really going to go on a "bulk" - just worry less about putting on a bit of size. At the moment I'm focussing my diet and training away from size and more on functional strength. However, I've agreed that I can relax a little afterwards... though it depends on how I get on over the next 12 months. If I can get back to near my PBs I'll be happy at this weight.

Man of Honour
Just cut down on being big as it was costing me too much in food for a start, and I also took a step back and realised that I needed to improve some parts of my training/form/mobility/flexibility/fitness. I also didn't want to be as massive, and I wasn't getting anywhere, and needed a new goal, and learn something new.

I'm still aiming to be strong, and I'm not exactly waif like, but I've just re-evaluated my training and goals. Health, functional strength, and power are my current targets. Not aiming to get skinny don't worry ;) Besides, I like my food too much and I train too hard for that to happen anyway ;)

Associate
Haha no worries, just curious.

I'm definitely focused more on flexibility, functional strength and overall health now but then I have zero genetic predisposition to size so that was never a good goal! I'm still trying to maxmise hypertrophy but just incorporating it into the rest, and if I don't I have the build of a 13 year old girl.

Man of Honour
Besides, I like my food too much and I train too hard for that to happen anyway ;)

Skipping over those boxes is pretty tough...

Regret-Nothing-I-regret-nothing-3328bdf9a4b9504b9398284244fe97c2-1.gif

Only joking big man <3 I love you really

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom