*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Ok so that PB went out the window

Got to the gym and said about me wanting to go for a squat PB, and we basically agreed if I'm going to start aiming to push my weights up now then I should change my split so I'm not doing legs after back day

So my new split is as follows

Monday: Back Thickness + Hamstrings
Tuesday: Chest + Arms
Thursday: Quads + Calves
Friday: Shoulders + Back Width

So PB on Thursday it is!

Man of Honour
Well double bummer, no vid as phone crapped out and only got 10 x 205 anyway maybe 11th in tank but had started hitching..

Went
160 x 3
180 x 3
205 x 10

perfectly in line with 531 but dissapointed

Now off to play squash for 3 hrs thank god im not a natty!
No vid?

Dead to me.

Great reps!

Soldato
Okay, so a form check on my SLDL please:

I have no idea if I'm doing it right or not. Crazy thing is, 62.5kg for 10 reps feels heavy as ****, where as I can deadlift FAR higher easily - is this normal?

Okay, so hit a PB on squats tonight. Had to wait around for an eternity for the squat rack to be available, got on it and under the bar.

60kg x8
100kg x8
120kg x1 easy
130kg x1 Not TOO difficult. Maybe add a bit more on there.

Over all, was quite chuffed with that. Finished off with two more sets of 8 at 100kg and hammered out the rest of my leg work out, which involved falling over twice doing walking lunges!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Okay, so a form check on my SLDL please:

I have no idea if I'm doing it right or not. Crazy thing is, 62.5kg for 10 reps feels heavy as ****, where as I can deadlift FAR higher easily - is this normal?

Okay, so hit a PB on squats tonight. Had to wait around for an eternity for the squat rack to be available, got on it and under the bar.

60kg x8
100kg x8
120kg x1 easy
130kg x1 Not TOO difficult. Maybe add a bit more on there.

Over all, was quite chuffed with that. Finished off with two more sets of 8 at 100kg and hammered out the rest of my leg work out, which involved falling over twice doing walking lunges!
Nice lifting!

This doesn't really matter, but SLDL should be from the floor. I know I'm not flexible to do them with straight legs, so I don't really bother.

Romanian deads are done with slightly bent knees and the bar stays in contact with your legs. I prefer these as you're able to moderate the hamstring stretch a little better, and it's easier to keep better form (not such a huge moment around your hips and lower back).

BS technicalities aside, if it works your hammies then it works your hammies...

Associate
Keep the bar in contact with your legs for the whole rep. This way your hips move further back which loads the posterior chain more meaning stronger and more muscle growth in target area. :)

Soldato
Yeah, there's no way my calfs or hammies would allow me to get near the floor with the bar, that's about the furthest I can stretch believe it or not! Shameful, but flexibility's never been my forté ;)

dom, is your comment more aimed at RDL? Just 'cause I can't imagine how I could possibly keep the bar touching my legs with a SLDL!

Last edited:
Soldato
Oops I need to be a bit more strict with my RDL's then. Nothing major just sometimes I come away from the legs just after hip hinging and before dull glute drive.

Nice work by the way monkee, although disappointed in the superdry gear in the gym! Tartbro nom sayin!

Permabanned
Good work, was that with straps or just hardcore chalk?

Strapped for the 10, id have gripped some but didnt want to mess up rhythm

No vid?

Dead to me.

Great reps!

Yeah bummed really cos I said id post it, will clear the missus DSLR mem card before next week and video the 215's on week 3 should be scary.

10 reps for week 2 is good!

Yeah is about par working of an estimated 255 max (90%?)

Soldato
fit-girls-12.jpg

Gucci-Mane-lets-do-this-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-208.gif

Permabanned
Monkee ive mentioned several times that some weights just feel damn heavy even when you can rep them out. When i unrack 100kg on the bench it feels heavy as hell but i can rep 20+ ive always wondered if bodyweight weights ever really feel light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom