*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
New PB on barbell shoulder presses @ sub 93kg. I done more when I was 25kg heavier and training for strong man

65kg x 3.5 (got spotted on last rep). Felt strong and tried for 70kg and managed to wrestle a rep before phailing hard.

Soldato
good stuff regulus bb shoulder press is a real tough one to build on, 100kg is my ceiling atm and its really tough to break comparative to my other lifts bear with it and grind away.

Cheers. Last year I was repping 80kg for 4-6 reps depending on how strong I felt. I once clocked 90kg for 2 reps. But I was shot for the rest of the workout.

I'm realistically hoping to get back to 80kg at a bodyweight of sub 90kg. Not looking to get bigger. Just leaner/stronger.

Permabanned
Don't count on me mate. I'm 3 days into the course, and I'm already behind :o

Also someone on my course is on a carb heavy diet, because his doctor told him he needed to do that to lose weight, because he had damaged his knee.

yep docs are morons :D m8 of mine said as much himself having just graduated the lack of practical useful nutritional knowledge is laughable, in his opinion he said that a GP's guideline for nutrition advice was at least 30 years out of date! amazing!

Soldato
In the last 5 days I've had, Planet Pizza, Burger King, McDonalds, Nando's & Gourmet Burger Kitchen. I haven't braved the scales, but I have had two of the best workouts ever. Just brimming with energy and feeling strong.

Maybe I'll just try fat and strong, it's a lot more fun!

Permabanned
In the last 5 days I've had, Planet Pizza, Burger King, McDonalds, Nando's & Gourmet Burger Kitchen. I haven't braved the scales, but I have had two of the best workouts ever. Just brimming with energy and feeling strong.

Maybe I'll just try fat and strong, it's a lot more fun!

dont forget tho u can be a monster with 20in arms but if you got a 40in waist all except other lifters will simply consider you fat while fawning over the 80kg guy with abs saying how big he is. I could never give in to the fat and strong side you just dont get the appreciation and my ego needs rubbing dammnit!

Soldato
I don't think I'll ever get lean enough for abs so not too fussed about that, not for a long time at least. I only weigh 78kg @ 5'9" at the moment and I'm high teens if not low 20s, even If I cut to 65-70 zone I'd just be in holocaust mode not Kai mode.

Man of Honour
yep docs are morons :D m8 of mine said as much himself having just graduated the lack of practical useful nutritional knowledge is laughable, in his opinion he said that a GP's guideline for nutrition advice was at least 30 years out of date! amazing!

When it comes to sport injuries and soft tissue, a trip to the GP is only worth doing for either painkillers or a physio referral.

As you point out, they also happen to know - from my experience and from speaking to my GP in-law - very little about exercise, diet and the interaction of the two.

It is depressing, particularly when this country appears to be riding the crest of the obesity wave.

I learned more about diet and exercise studying orthopaedics for three years than most GPs (that I have experienced). But then, I get to call myself Dr., too. What a hypocrite. :D

Caporegime
I don't think I'll ever get lean enough for abs so not too fussed about that, not for a long time at least. I only weigh 78kg @ 5'9" at the moment and I'm high teens if not low 20s, even If I cut to 65-70 zone I'd just be in holocaust mode not Kai mode.
Chances are you just ate enough to give you more energy. If you eat as much clean food and monitor your weight there's no reason why you can't get stronger and keep fat to a minimum.

Man of Honour
Well this was a little unexpected

Powerful shouting gains again, which is down to overflowing with psychitude. I was literally pacing the room before the lift. Anyway! Super pleased, especially as this was after doing 230x5. I was a little concerned because one of the reps landed badly and the bar shifted, I decided to ignore it and I didn't get punished. It's crazy to think that 235kg was my 1RM for over a year until 2 months ago.

Pretty good end-of-block gaaaaaiiiiins.

Soldato
Very nice lifting Ice (As usual :p). Speaking of Deadlifts, last week of them is over! Managed to keep it in line with all my other lifts too, which for deadlifts is good for me :).

112.5x5
125x3
140x7

RDL
Hip Thrusts - Glutes are fried after doing these
Core work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom