*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Well this was a little unexpected

Powerful shouting gains again, which is down to overflowing with psychitude. I was literally pacing the room before the lift. Anyway! Super pleased, especially as this was after doing 230x5. I was a little concerned because one of the reps landed badly and the bar shifted, I decided to ignore it and I didn't get punished. It's crazy to think that 235kg was my 1RM for over a year until 2 months ago.

Pretty good end-of-block gaaaaaiiiiins.

Would caress those tired glutes tenderly

Soldato
I don't think I'll ever get lean enough for abs so not too fussed about that, not for a long time at least. I only weigh 78kg @ 5'9" at the moment and I'm high teens if not low 20s, even If I cut to 65-70 zone I'd just be in holocaust mode not Kai mode.

to be honest your not far off the ab zone there really! drop to 73kg and everything will suddenly start coming through.

Pre cut i was similar figures to you, now trying to bulk (and still loosing weight! need to up my cals) but keep it a lean bulk at that.

Ice thats some immense lifting, nice to see you progressing especially given some of the injury challenges you have been facing.

Caporegime
to be honest your not far off the ab zone there really! drop to 73kg and everything will suddenly start coming through.

Pre cut i was similar figures to you, now trying to bulk (and still loosing weight! need to up my cals) but keep it a lean bulk at that.

Ice thats some immense lifting, nice to see you progressing especially given some of the injury challenges you have been facing.

I thought I'd never be able to get in the "Ab zone" but I've suprised my self a lot over the past year. Shows what being stuck in work for 8 months can do to you :p

Can't see Ice's video, what was the lift??!?!

kai

kai

Soldato
I am going to make my own thread when i get the images released of last nights photo-shoot but here is a first look, (this is a test image, i am not tensing ;) ) we did the before shot to check lighting etc. Nothing special but you get idea of conditioning.

564807_348528881905727_69050203_n.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
kai, out of interest, what is the look that your supplement company/photoshoots are going for?

Is it just a beach body/mens health type physique, or aimed at bodybuilders/people wanting more than just abs?

As, and I mean this in the nicest possible way, I can't see which of those you fall into at the moment. You're verging on too big for the former, and not big enough (due to constantly having to stay in shape and not being able to put size on) for the latter. Don't get me wrong, you look great there (even if I think you looked better in the bodypower shoot in terms of conditioning), just trying to work out what the marketing for you is

kai

kai

Soldato
Steedie - the aim of the shoot is more a beach, Men's health type physique i am simply to small for a bodybuilder type physique. It's fitness model-eeeey thing they want!

I take on board what you are saying, totally. This is a test shot when you see the real images i hope you change your mind. As above this was simply a test shot, i look in way better condition than the expo, and i hope you will agree when i post a few sample shots soon. I hope i will prove you wrong :)

Man of Honour
Awesome, like I say, it really wasn't a dig, just curious. As I know you've mentioned about going on a lean bulk to put more mass on, I was wondering if that's because of what your sponsors wanted, but if they want a mens health type physique, I'd be weary about putting too much size on, especially your arms as you already look a bit bigger than most.

A bit of work on your chest is all you really need I think.

Caporegime
235x5, with a massively manly roar at the end.

I'm loving lifting at the moment. Back on a bulk, feel unstoppable. Power is going up, up and up. And to be honest, I think I look the biggest I ever have (although far from the leanest)!

Good work mate :) Can't wait to start a bulk. My strengths going up now, but I'd rather have the extra oompf behind me to help :p

@kai: Looking awesome mate, especially untensed. I look terrible untensed

Associate
I've been a member of LA fitness for ages, they dont have olympic weight plates. So anyway, i went to one of my local gyms as I fancied tying something different.

The olympic weights were much bigger! so much nicer to deadlift with them!

Soldato
125kg deadlift, 8 reps. Aiming for 3x8 but literally failed my last rep on the last set. Could've done it, but I knew my form was shot.

Unstrapped, mixed grip.

inb4 "get a haircut" :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom