*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
Random question relating to Monkee's mixed grip.

Do most people just stick with double over hand until it fails? Or do you switch to mixed because it feels better?

Mixed for me helps me sit lower from the floor and decreases the SLDL tendency, but the difference in bar rolling in the hand is huge for raw lifts, i cannot grip 205 double overhand at all but can rack pull over 230 now with mixed (still a pussy~)

Caporegime
Mixed grip stops the bar from rolling away from your grip, so it's easier to grip than DOH. I also find it a lot easier to keep my back neutral when using mixed grip.

Fair game, I've yet to go to mixed yet. Was always told to just switch once grip becomes a problem

Mixed for me helps me sit lower from the floor and decreases the SLDL tendency, but the difference in bar rolling in the hand is huge for raw lifts, i cannot grip 205 double overhand at all but can rack pull over 230 now with mixed (still a pussy~)

Ahhh okay...I have to keep my but pretty high, otherwise my hams just don't get tight at the start. Well I think I'm pretty high anyway.

I did 115 last week double over hand, but then a few weeks before I did less than that and my grip was being a tard :p

Man of Honour
Thanks everyone! Now if I can get my bench up to something reasonable and not snap my squat up I should be on for a decent total.

Awesome though ice, you'll be pleased to know I was repping my 1rm then some from when I came to yours last :)
Good, it's about time! :)

I hate you ice :(

:p
what program if any are you following for deads?
The programme is completely custom, and let's not forget that I haven't actually lifted over 240kg yet :D

125kg deadlift, 8 reps. Aiming for 3x8 but literally failed my last rep on the last set. Could've done it, but I knew my form was shot.

Unstrapped, mixed grip.

inb4 "get a haircut" :p
Biuriful, lot's more there though.

...and I don't know what you're talking about, I ****ing love your hair.

Soldato
My shoulder routine:
Side raises 3x12 (light weight for first set, then increasing weight each set)

Standing OHP 3x8

BB Front Raises 3x10

Cable Side Raises (slow on the neg) 3x8

DB rear flyes 3x12

Shrugs 3x15

Soldato
Shoulder workout was good.

For some reason I found myself doing single armed cable shrugs.. and I kinda liked em! the rubber grip allowed me to go a bit heavier than I would with dumbells and the whole motion was quite effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom