*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Couldn't find a gym that's affordable that will take under 18s and has olympic weights anywhere near me :( Back to dumbells and body weight then I guess. Skin stuff won't go away so I've just learnt to go crazy agro about and just ignore it (plus some painkillers left over from surgery), will get it checked out soon.

Aiming for at least 65kg (idle around 60kg at the moment) by the end of the school year then 70-75kg as my overall goal.

Man of Honour
Well I did the PB I set out to do!

140kg!

60kg x15
100kg x10
120kg x6
120kg x4
140kg x2

BOOM! Even though I did 2 of 140, I reckon I'd really struggle with 150, it was a massive effort to get back up from 140, the second one I was almost certain I was about to have a prolapse

Soldato
Shrugs are the one exercise I feel strong on, usually shrug 170kg for 12-15 reps, with straps, but still, it's ok

LiE probably shrugs 170 for a warm up

thats in each hand dont forget. :D

There just arnt enough plates in the gym for LiE to shrug lolol

Awesome lifting MonkeE, looking strong, loving the strap effect bracelets you got going on ;). gotta get some Faster bar humping going on and those deads will fly up even quicker.

On the doh vs mixed convo, I am doh up to around 110 then mixed just feels more stable for numerous reps

Permabanned
Because there's **** all need to do them. Biggest waste of an exercise - though better than bicep curls... only just mind.

Im not sure if your a BB then you can get good vertical mass from em, my genes cause my trap to sit back pretty far i cant get morbaitis(TM) however hard i try but i think shrugs would probably help me out some.

Caporegime
That's right Delvis, it rolls on the floor and I have to chase after it like some kind of Tom and Jerry cartoon............ :p

Where do you deadlift delvis, the slopes of ben nevis?

Are you guys unable to post without being patronising? All I do is give you both encouragement and I just get flack, wonder why I bother really.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Are you guys unable to post without being patronising? All I do is give you both encouragement and I just get flack, wonder why I bother really.

Defence mechanism for those with weak grip. ;)

All joking aside, think about swapping grip when it becomes a problem or if it feels more comfoable: ther is no right or wrong time to do it. Real men use a hook grip, anyway. :D

Man of Honour
Hmmmmm interdasting

http://www.highonhealth.org/why-its-...-you-eat-them/

Article said:
All grains contain phytic acid (an organic acid in which phosphorous is bound) in the outer layer or bran. Untreated phytic acid can combine with calcium, magnesium, copper, iron especially zinc in the intestinal track and block their absorption. This is why a diet high in unfermented whole grains may led to serious mineral deficiencies and bone loss. The modern misguided practice of consuming large amounts of unprocessed bran often improves colon transit time at first but may lead to irritable bowel syndrome and, in the long term, many other adverse effects. Soaking allows enzyme, lactobacilli and other helpful organisms to break down and neutralize phytic acid. As little as seven hours of soaking in warm acidulated water will neutralize a large portion of phytic acid in grains. The simple practice of soaking cracked or rolled cereal grains overnight will vastly improve their nutritional benefits.

Man of Honour
Im not sure if your a BB then you can get good vertical mass from em, my genes cause my trap to sit back pretty far i cant get morbaitis(TM) however hard i try but i think shrugs would probably help me out some.

Ah yes I guess for volume based work I can see your point - I don't look at it from a BB point of view. :)

Bodybuilding.com mentality, see it all the time over there but it seems to have made it's way into here now.

They're all talk - they're very much part of the "doyouevenlift" brigade to me - I wouldn't pay any attention to them. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom