*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Guys if I am doing shoulder press either with bells or with a bar, if I go below my ear then my right shoulder is giving sharp twinges. Likely a frayed tendon around the rotator cuff. Its an issue I have had for years.

The presses are not an issue as I shouldn't be dropping them into the pain zone, but getting the weight up above my ear is difficult and i need assistance.

Anyone have exercises designed to strength that area? Around the rotator cuff etc?

It completely depends on your shoulder health. Can you take pictures? Videos of you doing shoulder exercises?

For general shoulder betterification exercises and stretches, look in the mobility thread.

Soldato
Going back to Stronglifts tomorrow, my squatting has been massively neglected of late so hopefully it'll sort me out.

Starting Weight
Squat 57.5
Bench 42.5
OHP 22.5
BOR 32.5
Deadlift 62.5

okay.jpg

Not sure what to do re: diet for the first 4-6 weeks (ie while it's not particularly taxing). Think I'll go for 2400 workout days, 2000 off days and see what happens.

EDIT: Anyone know if there's a good Stronglifts app for Android now? There's an official iOS one but I don't fancy taking my iPad in :p. If not I'll stick to my trusty pen & paper.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Its prob rotator cuff i damaged mine arm wrestling and the shoulder press hasnt recovered i have exact pain u mention, im trying to stretch out more now, originally affected bench and flyes atc but gradually eased on those not sure why OHP still affected.

Soldato
I thought the norm was every 6 - 8 weeks of non-stop gym work, or when you've just reached that point where you feel your body needs a rest. No point in taking a week off or deloading if you feel like you're in your prime, but normally a week off crops up when you're on holiday etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom