*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
speaking of personal bests i had my heaviest gym session friday, 8'160kg's lifted. should hit that magical 10ton mark in a couple of months if i can stay healthy and flu free.

Soldato
Rotator cuff injuries are way over diagnosed, often from little other indication than "shoulder pain".

This was diagnosed by a physio and sports doc doing specific movements.
I have no issues with certain movements, but specific actions, or parts of the action, we're talking 3-4 inches of travel cause an intense sharp non-muscular pain.

Shifting heavier weight or lighter weigh makes no difference, it is quite possible to trigger it with movement of the arm itself.
Options were leave and review, steroid injections(unlikely to help given the issue) or surgery to remove the frayed parts.

I've had it around five years, but only recently started doing proper gymwork again with a PT.

Soldato
Got a weird injury come back at the weekend, well i think its an injury its really strange but sometimes when i do intense cardio i get a pain in my shoulder like a stitch. I used to get it playing football about 10 years ago, then it went away but it came back with a vengence on my bike on Saturday its fine at all times apart from HIIT. Strange that i managed to complete Insanity HIIT without it happening

Caporegime
I keep the calories up during deload as that's the recovery period. It lets the body recover from the volume and stress you put it under,. It's about a week to 10 days of less volume/load.

I don't really faff about with training and non training calories, I don't see how it can help? I just eat the same...

Correct me if I'm way off the mark though, I just couldn't fathom eating less on my off days which are there for recovery =/

Man of Honour
I don't bother with it either. However a lot of people seem to cut calories during deload weeks.

To be honest I don't even count calories that much,. I know roughly what/how much I'm eating and whether or not I'm not eating enough by instinct and how I feel. It's not the most scientific way of doing it, but it works for me.

If I am interested in doing it then I do log everything - but at the moment I'm just holding a good balance and that does me well. :)

Soldato
The **** I have to put up with....

jqDXjl.jpg
Ub2vGl.jpg

Normally get these EVERY Thursday (colleagues wife loves baking!). Got them twice this week as it's his birthday.

Good job I'm not a very strict dietician! They almost give you diabetes on sight.

Soldato
It was a cereal post brah. Those extra 250 kcals are exactly why you eat more on a training day than on a rest day :) You DO faff with training and non-training calories, you just don't realise you do as it's part of your routine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom