*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Chest up more, bum down, too.

Chest I can agree with, as said, its my highest working set I've done so it's going to be sloppy :)

With regards to my bum, I have to keep it high at the start otherwise my hamstrings are just non-existant (thats what it feels like anyway) Might be due to the narrow stance, but thats what im using currently :)...Will have a play

Man of Honour
Chest I can agree with, as said, its my highest working set I've done so it's going to be sloppy :)

With regards to my bum, I have to keep it high at the start otherwise my hamstrings are just non-existant (thats what it feels like anyway) Might be due to the narrow stance, but thats what im using currently :)...Will have a play

Chest up it s, then. :)

Try hard, though, as it will make it more of a push through the hips rather than pulling with your back.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
maybe you should up your starting weight and lower to 110 or even 100 for your top set and up the rep's, so you build up some stamina before you up the weight even more.

never been one to chase 1 rep maxes, id rather be able to shift a big weight over a few reps/sets than just 2 or 3 reps and have to stop. plus less chance of blowing something out.

again just my little ole view on it.

Caporegime
Chest up it s, then. :)

Try hard, though, as it will make it more of a push through the hips rather than pulling with your back.

Yeah :) It's something Ice and Dom mentioned when I was there as well, just hard to keep the queues in your head too :o

Doesn't help I'm trying to keep my head/neck more down instead of pulling it back. Thanks though man

Caporegime
maybe you should up your starting weight and lower to 110 or even 100 for your top set and up the rep's, so you build up some stamina before you up the weight even more.

never been one to chase 1 rep maxes, id rather be able to shift a big weight over a few reps/sets than just 2 or 3 reps and have to stop. plus less chance of blowing something out.

again just my little ole view on it.

No no, it makes sense, it is something I was thinking of doing next week anyway, drop it to 110 (or lower) and keep the form stronger. The reps have been low (3/4) due to an injury earlier in the year, so I've kept them low as it was aggravating it.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
think iv said this before to you but maybe lower the weight and up the reps to see if its really the reps or the weight thats aggravating the injury. im in a similar boat with my right knee thankfully i think im moving past that now, but it has taken a few months of not going nuts on squats.

Caporegime
think iv said this before to you but maybe lower the weight and up the reps to see if its really the reps or the weight thats aggravating the injury. im in a similar boat with my right knee thankfully i think im moving past that now, but it has taken a few months of not going nuts on squats.

I started deadlifts again around june/july this year, started off low on 40kg, and worked up. In general it's been a lot better, and even todays sets the back was fine. :)

Slowly but steady sadly with deadlifts

Man of Honour
Delvis was finding that his form would wander dramatically with as little as 5 reps before, causing irritation to his injury.

I'd do a couple of sessions with 3 reps and then drop the weight and go for 5 reps. I think your form has "clicked" now so you shouldn't have any problems.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
ahh. well keep at it, slow and steady is better if its keeping you injury free, no need to try and be a clever sod and mess your back up worse than it was.

Permabanned
Flippin heck delvis your almost lifting some actual weight there! Bravo son!

:D

As has been said get yer arse down, your form looks like mine but you dont have a back like mine so it aint ok ;)

Soldato
Ahh did 60kg Squats today, so proud given I injured my right leg and I couldn't use it for 2 years (it had like almost 0 muscles 2 weeks ago) :D, loving this, soon Ill stop using lady weights and go on to the real men stuff Grrr

Associate
finally getting my numbers back up now!! Squatted 120kg for 5 yesterday and got my bench to 110 for 5. just need to get my deadlift going again up too 200 and ill be happy!!

will try to get some vids up soon too

Soldato
I squatted 95kg 5x5 yesterday, a new PB. At the start of June I could barely do 50kg 5x5 (5"8 @ 64kg - manlet) and had never been in a gym in my life. Hopefully I can hit 100kg well before Christmas.

This weightlifting and body-transforming thing... why didn't I start years ago. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom