*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
That sucks N19h7m4r3 :(...Is there really no chance at all you'll be able to do some weight work? Even if it isn't 200KG+...?

Atleast you have seen another light as they say, you can do other things :)

Good shout on the form thing, especially just while racking weights away or moving plates around...It's normally things like that that cause the issues!

Hope you feel better and more within yourself soon buddy, take it easy and get mended, don't rush things.

All the best

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Hope you get better soon buddy, you have the right attitude to keep positive :)
I hear what your saying about form, I always preach form around here and will continue as long as I'm about. I think people forget that it's easier to cause a problem moving/placing weights because many people just don't think about what they are doing. Remember people, brace the core and take it easy when handling ANY weight.

Man of Honour
Continuing on from last weeks PB of 150 deadlifting

Today I did

100kg x10
140kg x8
150kg x6 :eek:
160kg x3 :D:D:D

This new gym has given me so much confidence, purely because everyone in there is much more serious about lifting so it pushes you to really give it everything so not to seem weak :p

I'm wondering just how much I've been holding myself back this last year at the old place

Caporegime

Today I did

100kg x10
140kg x8

This new gym has given me so much confidence, purely because everyone in there is much more serious about lifting so it pushes you to really give it everything so not to seem weak :p

I'm wondering just how much I've been holding myself back this last year at the old place

Great news matey :)

I'm really itching to try some PB's, especially deadlifts!

Associate
Bored :( Going to go to the gym early and hope it isn't too busy. If I see anyone I will get them to take a little deadlift video so that you guys can critique my FORM :) Mainly a squating day tho.

Soldato

Today I did

100kg x10
140kg x8

Fuuuuuuuuuu and i thought i was gonna catch you :p

Soldato
That sucks N19h7m4r3 :(...Is there really no chance at all you'll be able to do some weight work? Even if it isn't 200KG+...?

Atleast you have seen another light as they say, you can do other things :)

Good shout on the form thing, especially just while racking weights away or moving plates around...It's normally things like that that cause the issues!

Hope you feel better and more within yourself soon buddy, take it easy and get mended, don't rush things.

All the best

Hope you get better soon buddy, you have the right attitude to keep positive :)
I hear what your saying about form, I always preach form around here and will continue as long as I'm about. I think people forget that it's easier to cause a problem moving/placing weights because many people just don't think about what they are doing. Remember people, brace the core and take it easy when handling ANY weight.

Sadly I won't be doing any of those again, even with an empty bar.
Just carrying some shopping bags landed me back in hospital for testing.

I was told I'd be stuck with "toning" weights, along with treadmills, lots of jumping and running being out of the questions. Since there's not much of my L5 disc left and they had to remove some bone.

Swimming would be my best best, sadly there's so not pool near me.

I have to tell you though. I'm bored as hell and only just been stuck in bed again. Wish I had a laptop do I could do more than read and watch some off shows off my ole ladies iPad haha.

That's sad news fella, really unlucky.
Contrary to what some may think, there is more to life than squats and deadlifts, so get better and just enjoy.
I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery! :)

All true, although I was never really into fitness and sports until I discovered powerlifting.

Going to be extremely hard to adjust.
Even just eating is a pain lately, I've lost a lot of weight with my shirts being really baggy again.

I can't wait to actually get active again.

Last edited:
Soldato

Always knew you had far more in the tank, you're far bigger than your relatively low max figures represented!

Nightmare, really sorry to hear that man :( You were definitely one of our most inspirational lifters! Never say never tho; I still remember that guy who snapped his forearms or something, and went on to beat his old PB in competitions :)

Associate
Never ever give up hope. I broke my arm... (arm wrestling) :D

Anyway, what should have been a straight forward procedure ended up going wrong!

The needle hit the wrong nerve or what - not. Anyway as a result a year of nerve damage. Doctor solution was to not lift weights again. (****)

After about a year of hand an arm Physiotherapy i started training slowly.

Im not the biggest benchers around but I can still manage 100kg for a few reps.

40949710150574283496289.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Man of Honour
Cheers guys

Yeah Wills, I definitely do, I am squatting the same weight with the free bar as I've been doing with the smith all this time in the old place so I know I can easily add another 20kg to my squats, to bring it up to 140kg

And my benching has been at 100kg for reps with Rob while as before I'd only do 85 because spotters were few and far between and decent spotters even rarer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom