*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Had a few weeks off due to real life and working away for a while. Lost a bit of strength, especially off my bench press.

Today:
Bench: 20kg 2x5, 30kg x 5, 40kg x 5, 80kg 5,5,5,5,4
Squat: 60kg x5, 100kg x5, 152.5kg 5x5
Pendlay Row: 75kg 3x5

Man of Honour
not entirely fair for everyone (have i said this before?) i have great deadlift and poor traps, morbas traps for example are about 300x the size of mine with 'relatively' little between our deadlifts and the fact im augmented for growth. I feel this is down to my previous neglect of direct vertical trap work.

Its really kinda funny,l followed all the 'proper' advice in training over the years, focussed dedicated split with clear goals, dont do bicep work dont do shrugs, and now im emerging at a point where my biceps and traps are lacking making me wonder if, although mentally its sound advice, whether it was in fact the right advice at all lol

Rows, chins, deads will all hit the traps. If you want size, sure, do some shrugs - but in terms of Value Added activity, they rate as an NVA for me and I see no need in doing them.

Everyone's different.

I have peak'ed biceps, massive traps - but never work them directly.

All my "nancy boy" ******** exercises obviously don't work ;)

Soldato
581602_10151252196344254_183333199_n.jpg

Thought this may be appreciated in here :D

Man of Honour
I think that comes more from volume and lower body fat which shows of the muscle belly better really.
Most people can't do the volume of compounds to get that same look

Indeed. Problem is (and no offence to you) people here wanting to look "big" and good, are just not lean enough and therefore undefined - despite undoubtedly having the muscle mass for it.

If people can't do the compounds, they can **** off and go and play softball with the girls. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom