*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I just buy them on the way home mate, then throw them in when I make my breakfast in the morning...

Only reason im having to freeze them is due to them going out of season so the packs are tiny

Caporegime
I have one, but don't really have any decent door ways to do wide...The only door way I have has a cupboard 2mm next to it so it doesn't hang properly :p

This is why I want to join a gym, but I can't bloody afford to :(

I mentioned this before, do you have a loft? Do you have a hatch? Do you have a broom handle?

Do them there, as long as your going wide enough it won't snap. Never any excuse not to do pull ups.

Associate
Week 1 of squats tonight. New lever belt came in yesterday, first session with it and its solid! Feels really tight and supportive but digs in when squatting. Should loosen up in a few weeks

5x50
5x62.5
3x75
5x92.5
5x97.5

10x105

1x110
1x120
1x130(PB) Depth was confirmed and there was no bounce, Took it really slow.

5x10x70

Then did a few sets of leg curls and 2x5 dragon flags 3x5 negatives. Weight was at
66.4kg this morning :D Going to try and get one more kg of to make sure I'll safely get in the under 66 on the day.

Edit: On tuesday I didn't get 200kg :( Got 195 but it took all I got :( Maybe in a few weeks I'll be able to get it if I push myself!

Last edited:
Soldato
Found a gym that people don't look at you funny when squatting, sweating or making an odd noise when lifting. So I'm currently working on a 2 day split upper and lower body routine. I have to be realistic as with on call and odd shifts, twice a week is far easier to stick to. DOMS are much better after the second week than the first! Being careful with legs/ back as my back needs nursing back to life after a bad spasm 6 weeks ago (running related, not lifting).

Routine:

Lower Body

10 minute treadmill to warm up
Squats - 3 x 10
Barbell lunges - 3 x 10
Deadlift - 3 x 10
Calf raises - 3 x 10
20 minute interval training on the treadmill (will mix this up)

Upper Body

10 mins treadmill warm up
Dumbbell bench 3 x 10
One arm bent over row 3 x 10 (L&R)
Dumbbell shoulder press 3 x 10
Chest fly (dumbbell) 3 x 10
Lat pull down 3 x 10
Shoulder fly 3 x 10
20 mins interval training

I'm going for fitness, weight loss and strength rather then getting massive. If I go more than 3 times it'll probably be extra cardio. Going to try the gym's personal trainer to keep up my interest.

Any tips? Thanks!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Good session this evening, even with the dodgey back muscles today.

Deadlifts @ 3x4x120kg
Bors @ 3x10x60kg
Rows @ 3x12x25kg
Ohp @ 3x12x25kg
Arnold press @ 3x10x10kg(each hand)-supsetted with ohp
Lateral raises

Back held out reasonably well, dont know what i did to it. Must have been due to doing 3 days on the trot or something, core day this week made me tweak a muscle somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom