*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morba, you should have a go at this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVRTnKUgARA&feature=plcp

Try it above and below the knee and even if it doesn't fix the main problem it will make it feel like you have a new knee in every other respect, which is always nice :). Just grab an inner tube and open it up and that works a treat.

If you found that you liked it you could experiment with other joints that may be causing you annoyance.

Dropping 10% of my bodyweight would still have me as a heavy lump :P

yep that ill accept, im decent bodyfat but still 210lbs plenty of weight on the joints. What im debating isnt that you necessarily need to lose the weight, im suggesting the weight is representative of a diet that in all likelihood does not help support joint health, couple that with the weight and bad knees.

I cant argue that my diet could be better, i'd never say different :D
And no, I wouldn't expect you or anyone else to pussy foot around that or anything else I say or do tbh :) :)

However, what you have to remember is that until very recently I have sat around 125kg for a long time. So bad diet or good, my overall diet and workout pattern has not been detrimental :) Yes, I could easily drop kcals and lower my bodyweight, but I have no intention to do so right now without it being something drastic (10kg plus).
If more comps come up at 121kg (which are being planned) then I'd look to drop weight. Otherwise there is no real need for my day to day life or lifting :)

LiE, I have a simulator squat stance to you, one of the PT's came up to me and said "you doing sumo squats" Now for me, this wasn't on purpose, it's just where i feel comfortable.

Is there a general rule of how far apart your feet are?

Lazy copy paste :).

I completely forgot about this.

I squatted a PB on Friday. Woop! :p

I got 170kg for a single, happy times. It's the first actual increase in my 1RM since February last year :eek:. Ok there have been changes in form and injuries but it is nice to have some more weight on my back ;).

I did get a video but it is really rubbish because when I placed the camera I accidentally zoomed in so all you can really see is the back of my head :/. I will upload it at some point, maybe tonight after the horrible day I have planned for myself :(.

Squats:
60x5
100x5
130x3
150x1
160x1
172.5x3 (PB)
172.5x2

Bench:
60x5
70x4
85x1
95x2f (PB)
95x3 (PB)
102.5x1 (tie PB)

105xf
80x10 (PB)

power cleans
curls

Squats were hard, couldn't manage a 3rd rep on the last set. Progress is slowing.

This bench means an official 500kg total now.

Squat: 182.5
Bench: 102.5
Deadlift: 215

After nearly 5 months I've gone from struggling to squat 53kg during my first day at the gym to a new PB of 100kg 5x5, feels good to use four of the big plates! Depth could have been better on a few of them but I can have another go Wednesday.

Happiness was replaced with huge amounts of jelly as The Big Four as I've nicknamed them bowled in and proceeded to bench, warming up with 100kg, worked up to a decent amount of reps at 180kg, then they all managed 2-3 reps each at 200kg and 220kg. Mirin'

Also:

dem protein gainz!

Hey all, just popping in to say hope you're smashing personal bests and achieving targets!

As for me, not lifted in 6 months and am down 40lb from that time!

Have been travelling for 4 so that's mostly to blame! Morba, you're guna laugh when ya see me mate! Haha!

Keep lifting hard people, peace and love!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom