*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like my singlet has arrived for Saturday :D Just need to try and grab a pair of knee high socks and I'm all set.

Really struggling with getting my weight down over the past few weeks. Hit a wall at 67.5 so this week I've cut a little more out my diet and the only cheat I've has was a cup of hot chocolate since Sunday. I've also been doing a lot more cardio coupled with come light weights (Deload) 30min + stretching before each session.

Monday-Deads

All paused and focusing on form.

5x60
5x80
5x100
5x120
5x140x2
10x90x4

Hanging raises 10xBWx7

10 min run, bike and rowing.

Tuesday-Bench

10xbar
5x40
5x60
5x80x2
5x60

Incline-Dumbbells

10x22.5 x5

25min 5k Jog(treadmill) with a heavy jumper on, never sweated so much in my life!

Wednesday-Squats

ATG Nice and slow

10xbar
5x40
5x60
5x80
5x100x2
5x80
5x60x2

Leg curls 4x10x50
Ab roll outs 10x5
Side bends 40x10x3 each side on cable machine. Don't know what it's called =P

25min 5k jog with jumper again.

Thats all my weights done for this week. Boring as hell :( Just got to do another 5k tonight and that will be me until Saturday.

Weighed myself this morning and Im sitting at 66.2! :D Gave me more motivation to get through the next few days! Think I've been eating around 1400-1600cals a day, don't really know as I don't count or weigh much of my food also been drinking 6-8L of water a day. Been having trouble sleeping the past few nights as well proberly due to caffeine and nerves :(

SMed you do a lot of singles don't you lol

Why not do triples, it will improve your top end.

Most of my stuff is 3s and 5s, and I'll throw in a heavy single every couple of weeks or so either because I'm tired and don't want to rep, or I'm feeling strong/greedy and want to test a new 1RM.

I hope you realise that it doesn't actualy help you lose weight. Any water loss will be replaced as soon as you drink.

Dehydration is also absolutely terrible for training.

Maybe he is confusing the use of losing water to drop weight just before a weigh in? I've heard of people sweating out water in this way, then drinking a **** ton post weigh in.

Possibly. It's fairly common on the day, but useless before.

Dehydration on the day of comp is always dodgy as well, it's extremely hard to rehydrate properly in ~2 hours if you've actually gone into proper dehydration.

Looking forward to competing next year. I'll have to play around with morning/pre weigh in food closer to the time. After my 2 morning meals and some water I'm 84.3kg ! I presume they weigh you in your underwear? (go nude for 100g weight saving? :p)

Doesn't it raise your body tempreture a little making a small increase in the calories that you would burn in that amount of time? It feels harder tho

Yeah I might have to dehydrate myself a little on the day before the weigh in. (hopefully not) Been trying to drink as much water as I can handle this week.

Doesn't it raise your body tempreture a little making a small increase in the calories that you would burn in that amount of time? It feels harder tho

Yeah I might have to dehydrate myself a little on the day before the weigh in. (hopefully not)

Even if it does the increase would be basically unnoticeable, and it will feel harder because you're sweaty, horrible and carrying a sweat filled jumper! :p

Looking forward to competing next year. I'll have to play around with morning/pre weigh in food closer to the time. After my 2 morning meals and some water I'm 84.3kg ! I presume they weigh you in your underwear? (go nude for 100g weight saving? :p)
Yeah you have to weight in in your pants. Literally underpants/y-fronts :o:D

When I was ~85kg in the morning the heaviest I was in the evening was 87kg, it's weird how much you lose overnight.

Yeah I might have to dehydrate myself a little on the day before the weigh in. (hopefully not)
Well it will make you hotter, but that's only because you aren't letting the heat out. Being hotter doesn't mean you burn more calories, you burn more calories when you're cold (inb4 eat ice chips).

If you end up doing dehydration on the day, make sure you have rehydration salts and loads of water.

Even if it does the increase would be basically unnoticeable, and it will feel harder because you're sweaty, horrible and carrying a sweat filled jumper! :p

Feels a lot more manly!

Every little helps when your only 200g overweight. I'm pretty lean at the moment so its really hard to shift. Been getting some complements on the way im looking now and I always reply with ''I feel like **** thou!'' Can't wait until next week so I can stuff my face with some processed foods!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom