*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate if you're only 200g overweight then you only need a 10 minute hot bath's worth of dehydration.

Going to get up early but I don't know if I'll have enough time for a bath but it's and Idea if im overwight in the morning. Got a 2hr+ drive and weight in starts at 9am.

That weight was after not eating or drinking for 9hrs (sleep)

If you are 200g over when you wake up, have a very quick hot back then put on loads of cloths for the drive. Easy. Obviously don't eat or drink until you weigh in. Still take rehydration salts and loads of water, as well as some food/a shake that you can digest quickly.

You have nothing to worry about :)

I haven't trained for a couple of weeks. Feel generally exhausted and unmotivated at the moment. :(

I will get back into it - but under a lot of pressure at work, and I also hate my gym which isn't conducive to me training there. It's a **** commercial gym and just not enough space, too busy, and no ability for any good strongman-type of work out which sucks.

I'll get back into it - I always go through these phases, but it's just a PITA at the moment. Feel like crap as a result. Vicious circle!

I haven't trained for a couple of weeks. Feel generally exhausted and unmotivated at the moment. :(

I will get back into it - but under a lot of pressure at work, and I also hate my gym which isn't conducive to me training there. It's a **** commercial gym and just not enough space, too busy, and no ability for any good strongman-type of work out which sucks.

I'll get back into it - I always go through these phases, but it's just a PITA at the moment. Feel like crap as a result. Vicious circle!

Where are you training at the moment? Bound to be plenty of better gyms around you :D

Yeah I know. However, a rest can do you good - I'm just not feeling 100% myself at the moment. Just a bit forlorn and knackered. I'll bounce back - I always do. It gets harder as you get older though - I don't know how much I "want" this now. As long as I keep fit and healthy I think that's all that matters to me now. Hopefully it's just a passing phase, but the thought of going to the gym, and having to lift a heavy weight just fills me with dread at the moment.

FF you need something to work towards, set some goals. Just keeping yourself in shape even sounds half hearted and you'll not push yourself. Set out to achieve something, create a log, and enjoy it :)

I was starting to feel a bit like you do. I mean, what's the point of lifting to get strong, for the sake of getting strong. Now I've decided to compete it makes sense.

Last edited:
David ****ing Lloyd.

There are no other gyms that I can find that inspire me.

Reading between the lines it seems that if you could sort out the work issue then you'd probably find your motivation for the rest of your life would skyrocket. I know it's easier said than done but maybe a bit of time off from the gym while you sort that out will help you longer term - that's not to say do nothing of course but not to focus on the heavier weights which you're finding aren't motivating you right now.

I was starting to feel a bit like you do. I mean, what's the point of lifting to get strong, for the sake of getting strong. Now I've decided to compete it makes sense.

You've probably already noticed but you and Freefaller have exactly the same PBs on each exercise and it struck me just now.

Which area and how far you willing to travel for a more inspirational workout?

I work over 10+hrs a day, and often spend 3hrs commuting so if I'm honest the minimum amount of travel the better. I live in Charlton (SE London), and the david lloyd is a 5 min drive. I just don't enjoy it there. It's ok... but I think the fact that I have no one to train with doesn't help. And sometimes, I'm home so late that I'm just exhausted I have little motivation to share the gym with some 12 year old ****bags where I just want to take my time between exercises and not feel like I want to be in and out in no time.

Lie - yeah I like the idea of competing, but I'd beat myself up for being ****. I don't have a training partner or anyone to train with to push me or motivate me. I don't think I have the time or commitment for it as a result, and as a result of that, means I won't push myself or achieve anything.

You're right though, I need a goal - I'm goal-less at the moment, so I go to the gym and think... what's the point? Not bothered about aesthetic, I just want to be healthy. I don't want to be massive (done it, it's easy and unfulfilling), as I haven't got time to spend in the gym, or the money to spend on food, and frankly, I prefer being able to run up a flight of steps without running out of breath.

Lie - yeah I like the idea of competing, but I'd beat myself up for being ****. I don't have a training partner or anyone to train with to push me or motivate me. I don't think I have the time or commitment for it as a result, and as a result of that, means I won't push myself or achieve anything..

Me either, I train el solo. I get my motivation from the guys on here and the drive to deliver a good result when I finally step up to lift at a comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom