*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll do the same then :D

I'll be over the moon if I get 130 squat 100 bench and 190 deadlift. Lower than what I've done but I'll just have to wait and see how my body will react to being this weight.

Ideally if im still 100% I would love to get 140 squat 105 bench and 200 deadlift but im making no promises to myself :P

EDIT: Bench is my biggest concern because you have to wait on being told to press. I've done 105 paused but I was a few kg heavier.

The plan is...

Squat: 120 --- 130 --- 140

Bench: 95 --- 100--- 105

Deadlift 180 --- 190 --- 200 (not sure about this)

Last edited:
Nope, first time doing anything close to this. Would loved to have gone to a meet or something on here but I live pretty far away :( When I started going to the gym im at now I met 2 people who have done this kind of thing before. They got me into this :D

I'll do the same then :D

I'll be over the moon if I get 130 squat 100 bench and 190 deadlift. Lower than what I've done but I'll just have to wait and see how my body will react to being this weight.

Ideally if im still 100% I would love to get 140 squat 105 bench and 200 deadlift but im making no promises to myself :P

EDIT: Bench is my biggest concern because you have to wait on being told to press. I've done 105 paused but I was a few kg heavier.

The plan is...

Squat: 120 --- 130 --- 140

Bench: 95 --- 100--- 105

Deadlift 180 --- 190 --- 200 (not sure about this)
Has someone picked these for you?

Rule(s) of thumb:
- your opener should be a weight you can triple. There needs to be no doubt that you'll get it, considering all of the factors of the day
- 2nd attempt might be just below or at your PB
- 3rd attempt might be your current PB or a slight increase

Good luck mate!

Well I've done 120x2x2 easy on the squat and 180x3 (touch and go ;) ) On deads, feeling confident about these. All I've done on the bench on reps is 82.5x8 Paused a few weeks agow, no 3 or 5 rep PB's :(
When do you get to decide what weights you are doing and can you change them if you fail on the 1st/2nd attempt?

EDIT: No I've picked them myself.

Last edited:
You have to give your opener when you weigh in, then the rest 2 mins after the preceding lift.

If your totally confident on the squat then ok, provided those doubles were both below parallel. Your deadlift, as its touch and go, isn't a comfy 3 rep weight. I'd seriously consider lowering it, particularly if you haven't done max dead and max squat on the same day.

Yeah been getting someone to watch me these past few weeks and all my squats have been well below parallel. Last friday I had am little go at all 3 on the same night in order and done 120x2 100x1 and 180 all easy except from the bench which was a little hard. Could have went higher in all. My weight was about 67-67.5 while doing them lifts. I've also done 195 at 67.5 a few weeks agow. I said I wasn't sure on the dead because my other choice was going 185 --- 195 --- 200 which I done to get that 195 but failed on the 200.

Good luck Stiv!

You have to give the next attempt within 1min of leaving the platform actually, or that's what it is supposed to be :).

Also with the dextrose, yeah kind of but you need something that will digest very quickly and dextrose does that. I would loose the oats out of that shake and do something like this as a plan for rehydration and nutrition:

-Weigh in
-Shake with 20g prot and maybe 30-40g simple carbs to get some in your system, take this with a bit of water and drink more water to make up around a litre, include the Dioralite here
-30mins later 500ml water and a banana
-30mins later (or after the squats if it is a little close to have a full-ish stomach) Have another shake with a good amount of protein and oats and at least another 500ml of water

Just after weigh in you don't want anything that will slow down digestion, so low on protein and fat but after you have rehydrated and taken in a fair amount of nutrients you can go a little more slack and eat what you fancy to an extent. Just keep it useful, don't go having a fry up because that quantity would just be silly, but also try not you let yourself get hungry you won't enjoy maxing out when hungry. The same applies to water levels, you need enough to function well but if you are going to the loo every 5 mins you won't be in the best frame of mind to left heavy things.

Anyway, all the best! Go and kill it and then bring back tales of your gallant victory :D.

Well had an interesting experience today.. Had a day off so decided to tag along with my nephew to the gym he goes to and man, was I amazed! In the whole 2 hours there, no one did legs and I was actually praised for using the power rack for Squats and Deadlifts, by one of the owners (small gym):confused:.

Even had one guy benching 130kg, but the twist was, all he was doing was lowering it to his chest and he got his mate to lift it up with him every time.. Ive been told he does this every time they both come in to the gym. Although he knows what he is doing because he said protein is useless and all he needs is creatine.. :eek:;)

I guess I went on an off day and it was everyones turn to do chest and arms :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom