*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of chest and arms on a Friday night before they go out and attract the ladies... ;) Got pump y0!? Curlz for the gurlz etc...

Meanwhile back in the Stronglifts 5x5 world i am suffering epic chest and tricep doms from yesterday. (After hitting my highest ever bench of 60kg!:eek::D:p) and am looking forward to beasting a 90kg squat and conquering the 120kg deadlift tomorrow morning. I can't wait! :cool:

Good luck stiv :)

Think I might go back on 5/3/1 deadlifts are taking a hammering on SS. My squat is overtaking them and by the time I've done sqauts my energy levels for deads is none existant.

120kg for squats now, bloody over the moon. 130kg is my last attempt at a 1RM, can see that being smashed very easily, very soon.

May test 1RM next week and go back to 5/3/1 the following. :)

Squats:
60x5
100x5
140x2
160x1
175x1f
175x1f
175x1

Bench:
60x5
70x5
85x1
95x3x3

RDL:
60x5
90x5
115x3
130x3
150x5

Curls

Squat is going backwards, was trying to go for 3 reps, but the first was an absolute grind, probably a 1RM. I should be comfortably tripling this. I doubled 175 several weeks ago! Hopefully just an off day. But I am also losing weight, so that's not helping.

Well had an interesting experience today.. Had a day off so decided to tag along with my nephew to the gym he goes to and man, was I amazed! In the whole 2 hours there, no one did legs and I was actually praised for using the power rack for Squats and Deadlifts, by one of the owners (small gym):confused:.

Even had one guy benching 130kg, but the twist was, all he was doing was lowering it to his chest and he got his mate to lift it up with him every time.. Ive been told he does this every time they both come in to the gym. Although he knows what he is doing because he said protein is useless and all he needs is creatine.. :eek:;)

I guess I went on an off day and it was everyones turn to do chest and arms :p
Wow even for a commercial gym that's pretty special :D
Squats:
60x5
100x5
140x2
160x1
175x1f
175x1f
175x1

Bench:
60x5
70x5
85x1
95x3x3

RDL:
60x5
90x5
115x3
130x3
150x5

Curls

Squat is going backwards, was trying to go for 3 reps, but the first was an absolute grind, probably a 1RM. I should be comfortably tripling this. I doubled 175 several weeks ago! Hopefully just an off day. But I am also losing weight, so that's not helping.
Losing weight and your squat gets worse before your bench, **** got real.

Went to the gym today at 8:30. Now I know why I go at 6:00 on a weekday... Full of utter plonkers. Guys hogging two bits of equipment/areas, people belting up for weights they probably don't need to be belting up for and guys standing there talking about dead lifting but not actually dead lifting anything. Then to top it all they bugger off and leave all the plates on the bars etc...

Hey guys, quick update from me.

So its been 1 month and things have been okay, the diet is coming along well but I feel I need to stay more focused now, GF tends to guilt me into snacking with her too often but yeah its life. Been hitting the Gym 3-4 times a week and I'm quiet focused and I am starting to see some results. So here are the number that matter I guess.

Squats - Very proud Manager 6x 60kg, gonna look to hit 65kg next time
Bench - 35kg - Feel a little weak, need to work more on this
DL - 70Kg - Going well, been trying to develop my back well as it was also giving me some pain after my injure

Weigth - 86kg (From 90KG)
Body Fat - 20%
Height - 5"8'
Lean Body Mass - 69kg

Thanks you guys for the help, didn't expect to see any changes in 1 month but its been really great, and I'm happy and I will push it harder in the coming months till I reach my goals. Should have really started this after I finished my rehab but I was a lazy git xD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom