Morning, Shake w/milk
Mid morn shake w/water
noon Shake w/water
Pre train Shake + oats + water
train
meat and veg dinner
Shake before bed.

Calorie ceiling 2000

Remember tho i wouldnt diet like this if i was natty, not unless i wanted to disappear :D

Not at all brah, I love dem fats, walnuts or almonds would be my choice also. But I get plenty of fats in my breakfast already from 3 eggs and the peanut butter on my bagel

im starting my new diet today.

Real easy

Morning, Shake w/milk
Mid morn shake w/water
noon Shake w/water
train
meat and veg dinner
Shake before bed.

Calorie ceiling 2000

Remember tho i wouldnt diet like this if i was natty, not unless i wanted to disappear :D

Jelly, I'd love a diet with that little effort involved :(

Jelly, I'd love a diet with that little effort involved :(

yep im all for simplicity thats how you stick to things imo

Good night sweet carbs UE :(

i know tell me about it, i think energy will take a massive hit first few weeks, if its too bad ill throw a few potatoes into evening meal. Im committed to getting a lot leaner over the next 4-6 weeks

im starting my new diet today.

Real easy

Morning, Shake w/milk
Mid morn shake w/water
noon Shake w/water
train
meat and veg dinner
Shake before bed.

Calorie ceiling 2000

psy-reddit-ama-gangnam-style-6-larry-david.gif

In other news. Got this week off work, not having to gym at 8am is awesome. I still went this morning fasted but after waking up naturally, not to a bloody alarm. Felt amazeballs, kinda wished I'd booked this week off nearer the end of my Stronglifts cycle so I could go for PB's on it.

Had my first go at power cleans today, quite enjoyed them! not big weight only 70kg but its a start, need to work on my flexibility though, could not get the rack position right, bit of a red colar bone now :p

Starting a 5x5 routine with a friend tomorrow!

Had my first go at power cleans today, quite enjoyed them! not big weight only 70kg but its a start, need to work on my flexibility though, could not get the rack position right, bit of a red colar bone now :p

Starting a 5x5 routine with a friend tomorrow!

powercleans are tough m8 im pretty proud of doing a few sets of 90Kg (i assume we are talking full cleans not hang cleans?) good work!

Thanks mate, Yeah full cleans :)

Anyone got any advice on flexibility exercises for proper rack positon, reading up now and watching some youtube videos, seems front squats is a good one to start with and Shoulder dislocates, off to find the broom....

Still havent cracked what I can eat pre weights, to give me energy, but not add to much to my calorie intake, so I can *try* and lose some weight.

If you want to lose weight m8 dont have anything, its not like you'll implode and die of aids.

Honestly isnt it funny how many people want to lose weight (ergo are overweight) and seem to demand that without food any form of physical exertion is impossible?

Your feeling of 'needing food for energy' is psychosomatic, i promise you that even after several days of fasting you would still be more than capable of a workout, sure in a carb depleted state you would certainly perform below optimal, but if you dont deplete your carbs how exactly do you intend to burn any fat?

Seriously take it from a natural fatty who regularly undertakes zero carb stints whilst playing league level squash and heavy weights 4 nights of the week.

If you want to lose weight m8 dont have anything, its not like you'll implode and die of aids.

Honestly isnt it funny how many people want to lose weight (ergo are overweight) and seem to demand that without food any form of physical exertion is impossible?

Your feeling of 'needing food for energy' is psychosomatic, i promise you that even after several days of fasting you would still be more than capable of a workout, sure in a carb depleted state you would certainly perform below optimal, but if you dont deplete your carbs how exactly do you intend to burn any fat?

Seriously take it from a natural fatty who regularly undertakes zero carb stints whilst playing league level squash and heavy weights 4 nights of the week.

OK. I just find that I am 'weak' with out food in my belly. (Fatigue faster)

I'll just eat a banana and be done with.

Jesus, why do you have such a problem with listening to advice?

Don't have any food pre-workout! Just get on with it! Any strength deficit will go after a week or two of doing it properly.

Trust me its in your head and if you aren't working out for more than 1 hour i would leave the bannana too, simple sugars like that work against weight loss, you want to minimize all insulin spikes, at most id have fruit early morn after that you really dont want to be having sugars.

Think about it like this, your body is a layered fuel tank, the top layer is sugars, these burn quickly and are mostly used up within an hour of any exercise (assuming broken non consecutive training like weights). The second layer is glycogen reserves, these start to burn during prolonged activity, you will certainly be using these during a 1hr workout however depending on your diet you may well not deplete these reserves in a typical weights session of around 1hr.

The third and most stubborn layer is fat, this is what you need to burn, and im sorry to say your body doesnt want to. Until you have completely depleted blood sugar and muscle/liver glycogen stores, the body will not start true lipolysis (fat digestion). Thus if you ate a snickers bar before every training session, even with a great, but calorie neutral, diet, you wont lose weight, at least not directly from the exercise in the gym.

The systems involved are more complex than i have described here, much much more is going on, but as a rule of thumb, to lose weight you should deplete your carbs, once depleted you are burning fat, fat, fat. Its efficient and it works like science should. But in reality fatties love their food and thats all there is to it. Its all on you.

Guys how does this look for a change from SL 5x5s (been doing it for a few months now and feel like a change up).

Tuesday - Chest + Biceps
Bench press
Incline bench press
DB flys
EZ bar curls
Seated hammer curl

Thursday - Back + Triceps
Deadlifts
Barbell rows
Pull up
Dips
Tricep extensions or skullcrushers

Saturday - Legs + Shoulders
Squats
Lunges
Leg press
Shrugs
Shoulder press

Guys how does this look for a change from SL 5x5s (been doing it for a few months now and feel like a change up).

Tuesday - Chest + Biceps
Bench press
Incline bench press
DB flys
EZ bar curls
Seated hammer curl

Thursday - Back + Triceps
Deadlifts
Barbell rows
Pull up
Dips
Tricep extensions or skullcrushers

Saturday - Legs + Shoulders
Squats
Lunges
Leg press
Shrugs
Shoulder press

I'd remove skullcrushers and do either more dips or CGBP and remove shurgs and do another shoulder exercise of some sort.

Are you still looking towards gaining strength?

You mean you actually want to start doing 'pointless' exercises for show rather than function? ;)

EZ curls? Hammer curls? Shrugs?

Don't bother: just load your chins/pull-ups, ramp up the weight on your deadlifts and get more overhead work in there. :)

To be honest, doing squats 3 times a week is getting a little draining :p

I just fancy a change for a bit.

By the way I can't even pull up my full body weight yet so is that maybe a hint to stick with SLs :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom