*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that whole video, altho i gotta say the short guys flip the tables on the tall when it comes to these challenges, look at the guy squatting after those deadlifts, he may be lean as hell but he weighs same as me with at least double the mass.

Well done Temi! That's an incredible lift.

Try and stop your knees from coming in though, so either have your feet slightly narrower or just be conscious of keeping your knees in line with your toes.

I think even 1lb a month for someone who isn't a beginner would see fat gain, but it would be as minimal as you could get without affecting muscle gain rate as well, imo of course

Black genetics doing you proud m8! I find it interesting there arent more black strength athletes, i mean clearly the genetics predispose those of African and Caribbean descendency to be fantastic at sports (youve only gotta watch the olympics for that!) But in strength who is there? I saw one ripped black guy in the olympic weightlifting but he was easily outclassed by fat russians. In strongman mark felix is one of the best deadlifters ever but he is mid forties now and waning with no one coming through. They dominate in bodybuilding these days with superior symmetry and aesthetics. Its surprising there isnt more racial diversity in strength competition.

Is Temi the next Mark Felix?

Haha, not a chance. In terms of size, I'm not really looking to get massive, I don't see myself going past 72/75kg, plus I'm a 'hard gainer'. I just want a size that's easy/cheap to maintain.

Also, not to make a generalisation, but pretty much all the black guys I know that joined the gym did so to get laid. I kinda did as well to some extent (dont judge me :p) but then I got hooked, I actually go now because really enjoy it - making progress, test my limits, feeling pumped etc...

Well done Temi! That's an incredible lift.

Try and stop your knees from coming in though, so either have your feet slightly narrower or just be conscious of keeping your knees in line with your toes.

Thanks, didn't notice that :)

is two compounds a session enough if you really push it? i want to keep it simple so was thinking:

Day 1) Bench and weighted dips

Day 2) Deadlift and pendlay row/weighted pull ups

Day 3) Squat and OHP

Also, not to make a generalisation, but pretty much all the black guys I know that joined the gym did so to get laid.

lol, i think for me to make that generalization could have bordered on racism so im glad you made it :D On the other hand i think somewhere, deep down, we are all doing it to get laid, its gotten me laid several times!

Finally succeeded at 210kg DL last week :D. It was a bit wobbly about half way up, also I farted at the top :o. My legs look tiny, I've tried almost everything, I'm going to try 2 leg workouts per week to see if that helps, breaking out the shorts come summer

Such a rare thing to see a black guy pulling serious weight these days! nice one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom