*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the theory behind it is that you will grow x bigger. However x is a combination of y(water) and z(lean mass).
Once you have stopped taking it (if you are cycling it) you will lose the water but keep the additional lean mass.

I'd hope people aren't taking it for the additional water bloat as its not a nice looking gain in size lol

Perhaps I've just got the wrong end of the stick! I thought it was much like steroid use where there was an increase of water retention in the muscles, but would make you look bigger rather than fatter.

Perhaps I've just got the wrong end of the stick! I thought it was much like steroid use where there was an increase of water retention in the muscles, but would make you look bigger rather than fatter.

It does act as a cell volumizer to a certain degree so you will always get at least a small amount of extra water retained within the muscles but this isn't it's main MOA in increasing strength that's down to it's effect on ATP iirc.

Creatine does help strength, but only when consumed with sufficient carbohydrate, which is why the 'expensive' creatine comes ready-bound to carb completes.

If there isn't enough carbohydrate in the system, there is no improvement in power/strength.

I certainly have never taken it for hte 'bloat', but definitately feel my workouts improve over time (potentially psychological), which is in line with the research on the supplement.

IF you want 'the pump', just take AAKG.

Beta alanine has a similar power effect to creatine because of it's role in increasing muscle concentrations of carnosine (I think - either that or carnitine), which means more lean mass and more powah! for lifting.

Both require at least 5-8 weeks of dosing before any improvements become obvious.

Decided to stop using the weight machines to work out yesterday and did some barbell squats/presses.

Can hardly move today lol, good times.

I got my mate to come squatting with me the other day, he says that he's never going again due to it hurting too much the next day. Massive, massive gay. I've stopped going to the gym with him.

Anyone else here on 5/3/1 LiE?

Why are my reps for deads so low compared to BB/Sqauts! Is this normal for everyone else? Should I lower the weight?

Maybe I just need to MTFU and smash out more reps :o

I got my mate to come squatting with me the other day, he says that he's never going again due to it hurting too much the next day. Massive, massive gay. I've stopped going to the gym with him.

I've disposed of a few training partners because they couldn't handle the pace :D
I say disposed of they just never returned :(

foreveralone.jpg

Anyone else here on 5/3/1 LiE?

Why are my reps for deads so low compared to BB/Sqauts! Is this normal for everyone else? Should I lower the weight?

Maybe I just need to MTFU and smash out more reps :o

I'm on 5/3/1 at the moment also. What are you getting on your + sets? LiE likes to get around 12 reps on week 1, 10ish on week 2 and 7 ish on week 3 if I can remember correctly :D Personally I like to get heaver doing around 8-10 on week 1, 5-7 on week 2 and 3-6 on week 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom