*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is back day. Normally deadlifts/BOR/Pull-ups etc but i'm aching EVERYWHERE from the last few days where I did a big session of clean and press/power cleans etc and squats!

Uhhhh this is going to hurt.

Upside down ones are definitely the best, with a spotter holding your feet.

I did 400 reps with 90kg, on a Z-bar, off the side of the Rig, upside down.

AM I DOIN IT RITE? :D

Had a good session even though I haven't been to the gym much this last month. CHest and Shoulders the other night.

My shoulders felt a bit Delvis, but I pushed hard through the Delvisgina and worked them hard, getting some great pump. Love dropsets!!!

I can't stress enough the importance of stretching out your shoulders before a workout now. I've been doing 3 sets of 10 shoulder dislocations before my chest or shoulder routines and it's really loosened them up and removed a LOT of the pain.

I tend to do shoulder dislocations at the start of most workouts, and sometimes after as my chest gets mega tight.

I have noticed though the path of my right shoulder is terrible compared to my left during dislocations, stupid thing.

Today is back day. Normally deadlifts/BOR/Pull-ups etc but i'm aching EVERYWHERE from the last few days where I did a big session of clean and press/power cleans etc and squats!

Uhhhh this is going to hurt.

All part of the fun ;)

Doing it with a band doesn't mean you can't widen your grip :) If your shoulder is collapsing it's simply because it's lacking the flexibility at that wideness. Amend your grip and keep going and you'll soon stretch it out.

I can't stress enough the importance of stretching out your shoulders before a workout now. I've been doing 3 sets of 10 shoulder dislocations before my chest or shoulder routines and it's really loosened them up and removed a LOT of the pain.

Will give it a go...Doing it with a band so I'll have to have a play.

It's just crap really :p

I do mine with an MP red resistance band, and i progressively add resistance to the, by shortening the band :) I do them every session and i must say i have not ever really had shoulder issues, but i am definatly noticing improved rom/flexibility. Damn time being a limiting factor i wish i could do my whole body every day and be as flexible as a gymnast!

Doing it with a band doesn't mean you can't widen your grip :) If your shoulder is collapsing it's simply because it's lacking the flexibility at that wideness. Amend your grip and keep going and you'll soon stretch it out.

Don't think it's collapsing, it just can't take a certain plain of movement from the injury it took a while back.

I'll have a play though, the bands pretty solid so doubt I'll be able to stretch it comfortably, I do have a skipping rope I used to use prior to the bands so I'll see how things go.

Cheers man

I do mine with an MP red resistance band, and i progressively add resistance to the, by shortening the band :) I do them every session and i must say i have not ever really had shoulder issues, but i am definatly noticing improved rom/flexibility. Damn time being a limiting factor i wish i could do my whole body every day and be as flexible as a gymnast!

Had the shoulder issue since 2010. In my infinite wisdom a few months ago I ordered what I thought was the red bands but they turned out to be the purple ones, they still work, they're just not as stretchy as the red one.

I need to find my band and get onto the shoulder dislocation wagon :p
My shoulders are always buggered :/

On the plus up to 52.5 for reps on OHP, 5 sets, I tried 55kg the first set but the final 5th rep felt horrendous so think I was being a bit ambitious!

I do mine in work, as I have no pole about here or in the gym :/

Pool que works fine. :)

I always do 3 sets of shoulder dislocations (each set a narrower grip as my shoulders losen up) using an old broom thats knocking about my gym.

I CONSTANTLY get weird looks and snide comments about this! People saying i'm a freak for being able to do it etc. They don't bother trying when I say anyone can do it if you go wide enough and its great for your shoulders.

Dislocations and these:

are always done before any workout, be it shoulders or legs or whatever :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom