*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use a pool cue at home, or a pretty light bar down the gym. Delvis unless you're holding the band at the very ends already, I mean just move your hands closer to the end. You don't have to be stretching it outwards.

And by collapsing, I simply mean reaching a point where your shoulder won't allow your arm to continue moving without your bending at the elbow. You should have your arms straight for the whole movement.

I use a pool cue at home, or a pretty light bar down the gym. Delvis unless you're holding the band at the very ends already, I mean just move your hands closer to the end. You don't have to be stretching it outwards.

And by collapsing, I simply mean reaching a point where your shoulder won't allow your arm to continue moving without your bending at the elbow. You should have your arms straight for the whole movement.

Fair game. Yeah I already use the ends of it, my arm does the complete movement it just does not feel right.

Something I'm working on

Training negatives and no training partner?

I have been considering doing some neg training for a week at the end of each of my HST cycles to encourage growth better in the deload week. Is it possible to do negatives that will have a decent impact without a training partner?

Training negatives and no training partner?

I have been considering doing some neg training for a week at the end of each of my HST cycles to encourage growth better in the deload week. Is it possible to do negatives that will have a decent impact without a training partner?

Yes? Why wouldn't it? Unless you are talking about negatives in the fashion of not bringing the weight back up, and just doing a pure negatives? :)

I've started doing them on various exercises, and it's sexy.

my tought was more about being able to put more energy in to the negative as apposed to the rest of the movement, would having to do the postaive take to much away from the negative? or am i just over thinking?

clearly my point is not easy to understand over the interwebs, no worries.

example towel is 100cm long say, this is a fixed length, cannot be changed.

However with a band you can bring your hands so that they are 60cm apart, yes you will stretch the band at the top of the action but this means that your getting better resistance/stretch through parts of the movement then you do with said towel.

The resistance is actively draws your hands back together through the whole movement. A fixed bar or towel does not.

I am not advocating that a towel is bad, i am jsut highlighting that a band has its benefits that a fixed tool doesnt.

edit: EXAMPLE LENGTHS ARE EXAMPLES NOT FACTUAL MEASUREMENTS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom