*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your stuck with a fixed width through the whole movement with a fixed item, with a band your not and this can be beneficial, at least in my opinion anyway

The whole point is that you're creating more flexibility in your shoulders. At the top of the movement where your shoulders are at the limits of their flexibility is where you need to focus on the stretching, so surely this is the widest your grip can be. I can't see why you'd need to stretch the band, as if you can't get it over your head, you're not flexible enough - gotta widen your grip and work on it.

Your stuck with a fixed width through the whole movement with a fixed item, with a band your not and this can be beneficial, at least in my opinion anyway

You can go shorter on towels, broom handles, pool cues...

Anyway, I watched this for giggles http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p00yllmv/I_Hate_My_Body_Skinny_Boys_and_Muscle_Men/

Getting skinny guys to bulk up and some seriously built guys to trim down. At one point, one of the big guys is having a discussion with his girlfriend and she just doesn't get the whole heavy weights thing at all. He totally missed a trick not saying "Do you even lift?", but it was the same thing just with other words.

:edit: WARNING - VIDEO CONTAINS USE OF THE WORD "TONE"

The whole point is that you're creating more flexibility in your shoulders. At the top of the movement where your shoulders are at the limits of their flexibility is where you need to focus on the stretching, so surely this is the widest your grip can be. I can't see why you'd need to stretch the band, as if you can't get it over your head, you're not flexible enough - gotta widen your grip and work on it.

What I meant by stretching my band is because I won't be able to make my grip any wider, because my arms are at the furthest they can be with that band unless I stretch it to make my arms wider apart.

If that makes sense :p

Deads

WUs

WS

3x92.50

10 x 120 :D 2 reps better than last week AND more weight

drop set 75kgs x 10

Wide Arm Chins

BW x 3 x 5

DB Rows

8 x 30
8 x 32
8 x 32

Lat pull downs

8 x 62.5
8 x 62.5
8 x 62.5

Incline Sprints

Had to sit down for a bit after these :D

You can go shorter on towels, broom handles, pool cues...

Anyway, I watched this for giggles http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p00yllmv/I_Hate_My_Body_Skinny_Boys_and_Muscle_Men/

Getting skinny guys to bulk up and some seriously built guys to trim down. At one point, one of the big guys is having a discussion with his girlfriend and she just doesn't get the whole heavy weights thing at all. He totally missed a trick not saying "Do you even lift?", but it was the same thing just with other words.

:edit: WARNING - VIDEO CONTAINS USE OF THE WORD "TONE"

Video is annoying me already. Big guy complaining he needs to get fitter and blaming it on his muscles like its some sort of disease! Erm well get fitter, go do some running, swimming, cardio whatever. Just bloody do it!

watched some of it last night and it came across as yet more bbc spherical's rather than anything serious.

would be interesting for them to do a show following mark felix or eddie hall for a few months, at least it would show people its not all crunches and curls.

Video is annoying me already. Big guy complaining he needs to get fitter and blaming it on his muscles like its some sort of disease! Erm well get fitter, go do some running, swimming, cardio whatever. Just bloody do it!

It was a really annoying show to watch. The concept of having to lose muscle was just stupid. You had one guy who was ex huge bodybuilder who clearly had more experience than 99.99% of people in cutting bodyfat, who achieved all his targets easily even exceding them. Then you had this fat idiot egotistical powerlifter guy who was just plain annoying "i cant lift light weights cos i want everyone to know i can lift heavy", he was a complete moron. Then these 2 skinny guys one a blatant druggie with a bizzarely hot glamour model girlfriend the other a metro sexual quasi-queer who seemed fairly nice, neither of whom had any interest in bulking up but for vanity reasons.

It was just a complete load of tosh with very little science and very little point, i mean the bit where the 6"2 200lb (at the time) ex bodybuilder laments being unable to chase hisdaughter around the garden....what the hell? He's a damn sight lighter than me and probably fitter and i dont have these problems...

argh bloody bbc, bring me a jimmy saville to beat on

It was a really annoying show to watch. The concept of having to lose muscle was just stupid. You had one guy who was ex huge bodybuilder who clearly had more experience than 99.99% of people in cutting bodyfat, who achieved all his targets easily even exceding them. Then you had this fat idiot egotistical powerlifter guy who was just plain annoying "i cant lift light weights cos i want everyone to know i can lift heavy", he was a complete moron. Then these 2 skinny guys one a blatant druggie with a bizzarely hot glamour model girlfriend the other a metro sexual quasi-queer who seemed fairly nice, neither of whom had any interest in bulking up but for vanity reasons.

It was just a complete load of tosh with very little science and very little point, i mean the bit where the 6"2 200lb (at the time) ex bodybuilder laments being unable to chase hisdaughter around the garden....what the hell? He's a damn sight lighter than me and probably fitter and i dont have these problems...

argh bloody bbc, bring me a jimmy saville to beat on
This sums it up pretty well for me.

That "powerlifter" guy... dat dreamer bulk. Clearly a few self esteem issues.

Urgh so much BS, "he'll need a constant supply of protein, which means 6 meals a day" lol

Also, lol at their programme.

That bodybuilder guy - such a waste of mass. :(
Power-lifter fellow - serious self esteem issues. Also can't believe how big his arms looked, I'm 14.5 stone with visible abs and mine are still spaghetti.
Suckstobetall.jpg

For those who were not surprised by the results - you mean gaining 4kg of "solid lean muscle" in 3 months is not surprising? :D (that's what skinny short guy did)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom