*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
A LOT more, sommat like a normal egg is circa 75kcals with the yolk or 15 without! But still, takes 3 egg whites to hit 10g of protein, so it's not the most convenient or cost effective method to get protein.

--------------Whole-----White----Yolk
Calories (kcal) ---72---- 17----- 55
Protein (g) -----6.3------ 3.6----- 2.7

It's 3/4 of the calories of an entire egg. However, if you breakdown the nutritional values the iron, selenium, vitamin d, b12, mono & poly unsat fat and calcium contents of the yolk are important.

Agreed, there's benefits to eating the whole egg, but when you're on a pre-contest diet or a very aggressive shredding diet, it's easy to see why egg whites are favourable.

Although quite rightly, you can still have 3 egg whites and 1 whole and get both the benefits!

Hollands is a legend, his record for appearances at the finals is outstanding showing the he is one of the best/most consistent ever. Injuries are a pain though, and he has had his fair share this last few years.
I think this is easy to overlook, Hollands has a ridiculously good record.
like i said ice, i hope it was a throw away comment.

and yeah gym work isnt the best way to get stamina in events. its doing the events more and more, just have to look at how some of the top guys train. most of them have a good selection of stones and tyre's to get the reps in.

and being extremely strong is going to be worth nothing if he cant fire the reps out. just look at the state of some of the ex power lifters who came across to strongman, sure on static events they could hold there own but come more physical movement style events they would blow up in no time at all.
Yeah fair enough :)
Oh, just to throw it in there..... Mike Jenkins is a big fan of crossfit ;)
I know a lot of the guys on sugden like to use WODs for fitness. This is certainly one of the things crossfit is awesome for.

Agreed, there's benefits to eating the whole egg, but when you're on a pre-contest diet or a very aggressive shredding diet, it's easy to see why egg whites are favourable.

Although quite rightly, you can still have 3 egg whites and 1 whole and get both the benefits!

Only ****s do diets and things like that though innit ;)

jenkins is also a fan of pink bootys on his feet :P

as for hollands he just seems very prone to cramping up the last couple of years, im sure thats what they saud when he ended up pulling out of euro's strongest man.

if eddies training with felix he'l be a beast, especially if he's got him plastering as well :D

And Terry likes his yellow deadlifting socks. Great to see pink in strongman hehe.

Yeah he pulled out due to cramp, big shame as apparently the cheers he was getting from the crowd were very supportive.

I'm sure it was either Felix or Hixxy (stupid strong considering his size) to get Ed more used to the moving events.

Dooo it! Uh.. Whats that.. you're going to do 130kg now?! :D:p

Heh no. Well, might do a single. But the WS is going to be 125 hopefully.

What you doing tonight?

OHP for me earlier, felt strong really strong. Loving the gym at the moment. Everything is just going awesome, constant progression.

Hopefully working with 125kg for deadlifts, depends how I feel. Then I'll be on to rowing madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom