*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a fan of pancakes, just saying ;)

I'm a fan of cheese :)

Steedie told me no though :( Same with eggs and milk actually, although I wasn't such big fans of those...

Exercising with DOMS is a new experience. Well, new for the last few years. I'm really dreading any day where swimming comes after shoulder work :S Swimming with leg DOMS wasn't too bad. Cycling on the other hand was hilarious... Gf found it amusing though, meant she was the faster cyclist for once...

kd

I'm a fan of cheese :)

Steedie told me no though :( Same with eggs and milk actually, although I wasn't such big fans of those...

kd

Steedie dont like his dairy does he, it done me the world of good when i cut it out when he helped me.

Now though almond milk, cheese omelettes are all in the mix as part of my daily diet. Extra cardio for me :(

Last edited:
Steedie dont like his dairy does he, it done me the world of good when i cut it out when he helped me.

Now though almond milk, cheese omelettes are all in the mix as part of my daily diet. Extra cardio for me :(

Yeah, he doesn't :(

To be fair, his point about bloatedness on it was so true :s And I don't doubt his theory. So I'll be cutting it out for a while (Although I suspect cheese boards at Christmas will be eaten... probably whole..)

I tried a day without my pint of milk... Was goooood.... So I can't argue with his theory, it's just :(

kd

Yeah, he doesn't :(

To be fair, his point about bloatedness on it was so true :s And I don't doubt his theory. So I'll be cutting it out for a while (Although I suspect cheese boards at Christmas will be eaten... probably whole..)

I tried a day without my pint of milk... Was goooood.... So I can't argue with his theory, it's just :(

kd

That qty i agree, a pint of milk a day :o if bulking then great!

i consume diary in the morning with a large breckfast but then it's only a splash of almond milk and (maybe) a tsp of cheese added to 10 egg omelette. I am lucky i dont find any bloat but some people suffer really bad.

Theres a diet thread explaining about macros and the lot: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18299646

Then theres the supplements thread: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18049226

It may however be more productive to create one just for you, or ask in here/the diet thread for help.

Cheers, I had a quick look but didnt see the diest thread, saw the supplement one, not sure how I feel about them tbh. Will make a post tonight and you can all marvel at how terrible it is lol

Diet shmiet! Just eat well a good balanced source of foods and exercise hard and you'll be fine! i've said it a million times...

Cut out crap refined foods, and eat your cruciferous and fibreous veg and fruits. Eat meats and fish, enjoy some nuts and oats and good fats like avocados and olive oils and other fats. Be active and don't eat more than you consume it's that simple. A balanced well rounded "diet" is just that. A diet isn't about losing weight or gaining weight - it's about your lifestyle.

Sure, if you want to lose weight then of course you've got to reduce the calories, but you shouldn't have to worry about what you eat - as long as you eat well. Same as with gaining weight - but it's so easy to gain weight - it's harder to lose it!

Last edited:
I always use mixed grip. Feels natural to me. Smashing effort.

Finally mastered crossovers on the old skipping ropes, second gym sesh of the day. (Friday night boredom!). Hurts like hell when you get them wrong :p

:D
Managed 3x4x125kg tonight, not bad, had to use mixed grip though for the first time, felt odd.
BOOM! Awesome.
I always use mixed grip. Feels natural to me. Smashing effort.
I wouldn't always use mixed grip, there is a diminished grip training effect.

Unless you mean you use it for all your sets over say... 140kg, then that would make some sense.

:D

BOOM! Awesome.

I wouldn't always use mixed grip, there is a diminished grip training effect.

Unless you mean you use it for all your sets over say... 140kg, then that would make some sense.

Ahh, never realised this, will try DOH next week. I assume only switch to mixed grip when my grip starts suffering?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom