*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
How you feeling then buddy?

I still don't understand why someone was so close to you? Are you able to tell us where the rack is etc and whats around it / use your paint.net skills? :p

If it's really cramped, I'd be tempted to tell the owner really.

Don't think i'm getting out of bed much today lol. Hardly slept last night with a mixture of my back, having a cold and mind absolutely racing through various things. It doesn't feel like a bad pain as such just an exaggerated version of what i normally get after dls/squats

He wasn't close to me, he was close to the end of the bar. Like the bar goes beyond the edges of the rack into the free weights area and because it was so busy people were squeezing between the rack and benches without paying attention.

Caporegime
Im sure the bloke didnt do it intentionally...

As said, no ones going to purposely push the end of an Oly bar while someones doing squats :p But on the same note you shouldn't be anywhere near someone doing it.

I've nearly crushed someones toe because they insisted on sitting RIGHT next to me when I was doing deadlifts the other week.

Man of Honour
Achievement Unlocked: Post mobility/biomechanical information icecold doesn't already suggest :D.

55544302_awesome_reaction_gif.gif
:D

Awesome article! Same principals apply to the correctly done plank - posteriorally (is that a word...?) rotate hips first. I've seen that test before and it did indeed kick my arse. I should be better at it now though.

Here it is again so people don't have to go back and look: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online...formance_repair/core_training_for_smart_folks

Words cannot begin to describe the level of anger i am currently experiencing.

Gym was rammed. Like every piece of equipment in use with people standing waiting rammed. Waited 10 minutes for the squat rack because some old fat **** of a PT was getting her client to do quarter rep 7kg dumbell squats. Raged a little at her asking her to move but she wouldn't.

So i finally get doing squats, keeping it light at 60kg to keep my back in check, getting to the end of a long set when some stupid **** squeezes past and clips the end of the bar twisting me sideways. I racked it and for the first time in my life actually squared up to someone. I swear to god i would have pummelled him to the ground if some guy hadn't stopped me.

I guess i was running on high on adrenaline because i finished up my legs, did a bit of chest and came home, now i cant sit or stand comfortably. The best thing to do is kneel at my desk with my glutes engaged hard.

So bad enough my back was already slightly messed up i guess now it's even more so. Arms only for the rest of the week.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad::mad: :mad: :mad:
:mad: I'm annoyed for you!

As Monkey says, that's exactly how my brother got injured. It goes both ways though, a couple of years ago I was training with my mate and during a set of HC2PP a guy tried to reach for a plate next to my mate. Cue the bar coming down and smacking him on the head. After we saw he wasn't really hurt, all the guy got was "wtf were you thinking".

These days whenever I'm training I make it very obvious that I'm waiting for people to get out of my bar space. It isn't a big deal to ask them either, and it teaches people to pay attention.

Hope you're feeling ok mate! Spend some time icing and rolling on it (or get someone with strong fingers to rip you apart). If it's anything like what was bothering my brother it's some deep tissue that needs some love.
Leg Day
Squats:
1 x 10 x Bar
3 x 8 x 45KG

Reverse Lunge:
3 x 8 x 17.5KG (per hand)

These are become redonkulous now, my leg keeps collapsing on the way down and I can't get back up :o, also doing 8 reps on each leg. Not sure what to do with these now? Shall I up the weight again or change the reps/sets?

RDL:
3 x 8 x 40KG

These are getting difficult in the grip sense, forearms are burning by the sixth rep each time.

BB Front Raise:
3 x 8 x 7.5KG

Super setted with

Calve Raise:
3 x 15 x 47.5KG

Tried the front raises with 7.5KG yesterday, form is 'okay', so not sure if I should leave it at five for a bit? Or keep hammering 7.5KG and hope things get better with strength increase....

HC2PP:
3 x 8 x Bar :)o)
Those lunges are actually reasonably heavy. I'd suggest only moving the weights up when you can perform perfect sets with no wobble, so you might need to drop back down.

Caporegime
Those lunges are actually reasonably heavy. I'd suggest only moving the weights up when you can perform perfect sets with no wobble, so you might need to drop back down.

Heh, they feel heavy :o

I'll drop back down to 15/12.5 for a week or two, then up them again. :)

EDIT:
Ugh, my lower backs niggling me today for some reason

Last edited:
Man of Honour
As long as you can perform perfect sets! No point in reinforcing poor movement patterns and bad motor control.

Split ANOTHER pair of jeans last night :'( RIP (heh, pun actually not intended). My own fault for showing off how easy it is for me to pick my girlfriend up. Goddamnit!

Soldato
Quick question for the experienced lads here, how much aching do you have in your muscles after a good workout and for how long?

I ask because it seems no matter what, I never ache or feel sore anywhere close to how much I would after a game of footie for example, kinda feel like maybe I could be going wrong somewhere. I'm not expecting to be crippled for two days after every workout, but it does seem odd to feel almost no different an hour or two after each session.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom