*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Look at door supervisors aka bouncers these days? most are pencil neck morons. I have a few friends who have no idea about any sort of restraint etc and weigh about 8-9 stone tops and got there badge to work on the doors just cause it's a job. Pathetic really.

Don't get me started on the amount of jokers the job center happily put through the course and then pay for their badge :mad:
I'm lucky the company I work for is quite small so we don't tolerate prats :D

Soldato
My left shoulder feels a little worse for wear aswell :( Side delt is a little painful and i get some delightful (not!) clicks when i twirl my arm. Back feels a lot better although back in bed now after a few hours of sitting/

Soldato
So this leads to them really just giving "anyone" a job, this is why your seeing so many come and go, they have rent rates of around 500 pounds per month, and expect the "pt" to basically to start from nothing in that gym and try get as many clients as they can and pay the rent and make a living which really won't happen unless they are either v lucky or have the most amazing salesman skills in the world lol. Maybe over a few months they could build it up but it's a risk they would take.

So this is where you see it's all about a massive turnover than anything else, this is USUALLY why you see them just "come and go".

Im afraid the market of pt's is saturated to hell big time, there is very little opportunities now for pt's as there is far to many... it's all about money though that is why these companies offering you to do a course in 5-6 weeks for a couple of grand are exploiting it... and in turn the gyms have been littered with clowns who have absolutely no idea...

This is the case and as such I've ceased all attempts at training in a gym (fitness first and DW) and just train a select few who really want it.

Would love to open a sports performance gym :) /dreams

Soldato
OP
Still not getting in as many sessions per week as I would like but did more stronglifts today. Doing all right with everything (2 out of 3 new PB's!) but I had a total blank and I genuinely can't remember what I lifted for squats :(

Luckily my shift pattern is pretty good this week and I'm on holiday next week :D

Soldato
Hi Guys,
Following some emails with Freefaller i thought i would come on here and combine all the knowledge i can and get going.

Basically i am i believe they say skinny fat? where all my fat just is my stomach :p, normal arms/legs/face etc.

FF suggested the StrongLifts 5 x 5 which i am reading through now, a little confused as to what equipment etc i need? reading barbells, Olympic bells etc

Do people agree with FF that this is a good plan?

Whatever i follow i hope it will help me burn this stomach and get myself in better shape all round. So i can get back to playing football properly again after i stopped a year or so ago.

Apart from the questions i have asked above what kind of diet plans would people recommend? i have been looking and FF may yet suggest some as well but does anyone have any on here they followed whilst they did Stronglifts etc?

Thanks guys for any help :)

Man of Honour
This is the case and as such I've ceased all attempts at training in a gym (fitness first and DW) and just train a select few who really want it.

Would love to open a sports performance gym :) /dreams
Same! If I could get to the level of Eric Cressey or similar I'd be a happy chap.
Hi Guys,
Following some emails with Freefaller i thought i would come on here and combine all the knowledge i can and get going.

Basically i am i believe they say skinny fat? where all my fat just is my stomach :p, normal arms/legs/face etc.

FF suggested the StrongLifts 5 x 5 which i am reading through now, a little confused as to what equipment etc i need? reading barbells, Olympic bells etc

Do people agree with FF that this is a good plan?

Whatever i follow i hope it will help me burn this stomach and get myself in better shape all round. So i can get back to playing football properly again after i stopped a year or so ago.

Apart from the questions i have asked above what kind of diet plans would people recommend? i have been looking and FF may yet suggest some as well but does anyone have any on here they followed whilst they did Stronglifts etc?

Thanks guys for any help :)
SL 5x5 is a solid plan, provided you are doing all of the exercises correctly.

Ideally, you need a gym. Otherwise you are looking at spending a LOT of money on equipment. Argos stuff just won't do.

Not many people follow "diet plans" they've found, it's more common to build one yourself. Step 1 is to work out the quantities of macronutrients in your current diet, and adjust from there. Have a look in the nutritional info thread, there is a link in the sticky.

First day of the second week of Kort, went in exhausted but and the volume took it's tole. Hopefully, this means my next session will be easy. Maybe not.

Caporegime
My left shoulder feels a little worse for wear aswell :( Side delt is a little painful and i get some delightful (not!) clicks when i twirl my arm. Back feels a lot better although back in bed now after a few hours of sitting/

Heh, my shoulder does that...Hopefully yours isn't on the same level as mine :p

Hows the backy-wack?

Still not getting in as many sessions per week as I would like but did more stronglifts today. Doing all right with everything (2 out of 3 new PB's!) but I had a total blank and I genuinely can't remember what I lifted for squats :(

Luckily my shift pattern is pretty good this week and I'm on holiday next week :D

Dude, get a note pad, and write everything down as you go along. It will also serve for referencing back in months to come.

Associate
Had a shocker of a workout this morning, was supposed to be doing 5x5 65kg squats today, managed 2 sets, then had to do 1 set of 60kg and the last 2 sets at 55kg :(
Very annoying because I was doing 62.5kg fine on Monday.

I'm wondering if it's energy related, I don't really get DOMS which suggests to me I'm not working at my max, I'm also only having a protein shake and coffee for breakfast on gym mornings because that's all I can force down (I could manage something else if I pushed the shake until after the workout).

Permabanned
Help - need rapid bicep bulk/rip/bloat/build/pump what ever you wana call it

Been told lots of different things

Max weight you can curl with on a straight bar 6/8 reps with 6 sets

Half of your max weight but 12 reps to fail sets *as many sets of 12 reps you can do

I'm currently curling 35kg on a straight bar and it hurts like hell by 6 reps, can just push to 8 reps and able to do 5 sets before im pretty spent.

So whats the proper way to do this? I've DB's up to 20kg if there are better.

Just wanting to get the fastest and pump going asap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom