*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
First question - are these arm curls part of an overall workout routine or the only exercise you do?

Common sense would suggest it's the former, but given how your question is worded I can't help but suspect it's the latter, in which case I don't think you will find advice easy to come by other than it being completely pointless.

One of the very first things you learn when starting to look into weight training is that basic isolation movements such as arm curls matter FAR less than you had most likely assumed.

Caporegime
Arnold Curls yo.

Get a nice weight (15KG on a barbell or something) Do 8 reps on the lower half of your bicep (so from flat to half way up) then another 8 on the top half (so from the middle to the top) then do the remaining 8 reps in full motion ;) Do that for three sets :o

Permabanned
Arnold Curls yo.

Get a nice weight (15KG on a barbell or something) Do 8 reps on the lower half of your bicep (so from flat to half way up) then another 8 on the top half (so from the middle to the top) then do the remaining 8 reps in full motion ;) Do that for three sets :o

21's in other words,

7 of 7 of 7

Permabanned
Everyone has a life. Most people on here have full time jobs.

I've full time job, kids and a life that needs not to be online 24/7!

Yes, it just seems that you're only interested in the biceps from the very limited number of posts yuo've made in this thread :p

Thats the main focal point for a short term reason which kinda matches the guys comment below. Im current 16'' dia but want bigger quicker

Hey guys what's the best bicep exercises to perform to give me a large pump before i go to the club tonight in my phaggy time low cut v-neck?

Man of Honour
And pyro,

Lettuce be cereal for a second,

If you want a good pump, 60% of your 1RM, 12-15 reps. And just do your normal arm routine (21's, hammer curls, anything with a cable will be good also)

Hope that helps, seconds over and good luck on your phaggy time goals in 2012

Man of Honour
Supersets are the best for arms.

Slow negatives are key too.

BB curls followed by hammer curls. Slow, steady reps, with slow negatives around 8 reps. Go for around 2/3rds of your max weight.

Then on your last working set drop set like a **********.

Say you're doing 100kg bicep curl @ 4 reps.
Drop to 80 @ 6 reps
Drop to 60 @ 8 reps
Drop to 40 @ 10 reps
Drop to 20 @ 12 reps

If you can move your arms after that you're a god.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom